1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What the hell? (*Spoiler*)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Blackhawk, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I have finished the Yaga Shura quest and have a very strange observation.

When you are in the Fire Mountains and finally make your way back to Yaga Shura's room, there is an enslaved, and quite evil, women tied up.

She tells you that she came to join his forces, but was captured and turned into their concubine.

What?? :eek:

She is human sized... Yaga Shura is a giant. Is this even biologically possible? How in the name of Cyric could she have survived? :aaa:

:)

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

perhaps yaga had a shortcoming.

3. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

[​IMG] You could've been asking the same question for tieflings (demons and human-sized people? Especially Balor???)

4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] "When there's a will there's a way"

5. Dhirngulin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I hear there's some cool stuff being done with shapeshifting nowadays...who knows....

6. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well i would guess that she aint gonna sit down for a couple of days :p

7. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

It can only be so deep. I mean, OUCH!!!!!

Maybe he is so tall because he is compensating for something.

Invincible, but at what price.
    Maybe he is just impotent, so he gave her to his recruits

8. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    GAAAAAAAAAAAH! JESUS CHRIST DON'T SAY THAT! My bran... melting... urge to spam... RISING... lowering... lowering... (reads post again) RISING!

9. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Hey, being a concubine doesn't mean she has already performed her function. That would explain why she so desperately wants to leave.

For Yaga-Shura, I couldn't help but notice, THERE ARE NO FIRE GIANT WOMEN. I pity that poor old giant or any male giant in BG for that matter.

BTW, after reading this topic, I have concluded we have beat ToB to the death and have nothing better to talk about. :)

10. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

Hey, there're no limits to what powerful magics can do. Healing and resurrection, or "immunity to normal/ magical weapons" (I wonder which it is, with Yaga-Shura :D ) are quite enough to heal or shield her from the damage done when they... well whatever (gee I wonder) it is they do. :rolleyes:

11. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Now that I've calmed down, I have to say one thing. How are we supposed to know she can't shapeshift, or how do we know that they don't just have nice conversations?

12. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Absolutely right, she could tell them stories. I bet Yaga-Shura misses his old mum, up there in the mountains.

13. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Perhaps it the old sicko Barbie fascination type lust.

*shudder*

Some people are just wrong.

14. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] Here's an even more disturbing thought

... what if she's pregnant! :eek:

15. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Well, looking at all those gashes scratched into the stone floor, that must have been one hell of a conversation... :D

16. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

@ Blackhawk: (quoting from Jim Carey on Liar Liar) "Owieeee!! Owie!!"

[ December 10, 2002, 00:12: Message edited by: Tarol'azh ]

17. Karunirin Rochambeau Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

So he just casts fireshield red and goes for it?

Like that episode of South Park, when they tried to mate an elephant and a pig. BTW, dragons, demons and the like polymorph to do their business. I'd imagine screwing a 8' tall devil with an 8' wingspan would be kind of a turnoff. But they do have whips, and some people are into that...

Aerie: "My turnoffs include bloodshed, battle, and TEN-FOOT-TALL HORNY GLABREZUS!"

(Wow, that has two meanings).

"Now I know what all those white women felt like." ~ Chef

Wrongness squared!

18. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] I know this topic is getting rather old but I just have one final observation:

If this type of "relationship" is possible, then why didn't they add a Mazzy romance? :hmm:

Just imagine the conversations! Mazzy, in her noble and "Mary Poppins" voice, wondering if a relationship between a human and halfling can even be possible. :jawdrop: The conversation after you and her sleep togather could be made quite funny! :lol:

19. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

True, true. Did anyone stop to think that it is just a game, and was created by developers that really must have no lives? If they had to put crap like that into a game, then how low should we set our oppinion of them? Anyway, it was a minor plot addition, and was meant for a giggle, not a deep discusion as to the depth of any one concubine.

Cheers.

20. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

What? No you miss the point here. The developers definitely put this little scene in for a reason. Forgive me if I make a mistake here for I don't really remember the contents of this thread or the real in-game events too well. But did it ever really say anything about any sexual interaction? I mean, couldn't she just do her role by sitting/lying there with Yaga-Shura in scanty clothes?

I mean, certainly Leia in Starwars was never... you know... doing it with Jabba The Hutt. Still, she was considered Jabba's concubine by many a critic.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.