1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What spell do you use the most?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gwyddyon, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Gwyddyon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm just wondering, since I only use approximately half of the spells in the game.

Right now, I'm playing a level 16 elven sorcerer who always has at least 4 of Melf's Minute Meteors in his hands :) Great for golem and umber hulk slaying!

2. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I always use my combination: First fireballs, then a LOT of summoning spells, followed by magic missiles and chromatic orbs.

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Magic Missile all the way =). I also like breach and the other protection removal spells. It depends alot of wich party you have in the party i play now the protagonist is a berzerker and he chops up most of the enemies before Edwin can get anything away. But if you play as a mage your self you use more damage dealing spells like melfs minute meteors or acid arrow.

4. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Summoning spells (spider spawn is the best),pierce magic, breach, magic missile, stoneskin and mirror image for defense.

5. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Wyvern Call is very useful when you get to higher levels

6. TheBully Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Bless, chant and haste are my favorite ones cast before any big battle.

7. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

stoneskins appears to be the most used spell, then breach

8. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

When I get to higher levels with my solo mage, I plan to use the ethereal sword spells often if I can.

9. Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting!(SP?)

10. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    i like flesh to stone

11. garathorn Gems: 5/31

my paladin: call apon holy might
    Kelderon: protection from evil
    Jahira: insect swarm
    Minsc: bark skin
    Jan: hast
    Aere: magic missile\holy smite

12. corval Gems: 5/31

grease, then web, then cloudkill, then fireball, then fireball........

13. saukoon Gems: 5/31

since BG1, I've been using magic missile a lot..

now in BG2, magic missiles still rules the earlier part. Not to forget defensive and supplementally magics like haste, spirit shield and stoneskin etc.

My main character is mage/kensai. So I use Tenser's Transform now! My kensai turns into a terminator !

14. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

For sheer number of times cast, I could have to Magic Missile.

15. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

remove magic is effective and safe to partymember in combat, always cast stoneskin on your sorcerer/mage, skull trap and abi dalzim's is awesome.

16. Marmeille Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I too use Magic Missile a lot, but I like Chromatic Orb too (works like a charm when used after a Greater Malison).
    I also use my share of protective spells, Stoneskin/Mirror Image/and variable Protec. vs... depending on the occasion.
    Spider Spawn and Mordenkeinen's Sword are also quite useful.
    Lower Resistance, Breach, Pierce Magic, Ruby Ray of Reversal, Death Spell, Limited Wish, Simulacrum and Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting always seem to have a place in my spell book too.

17. Thorr Gems: 5/31

A lot. I ofter rest after I finished almost all the memorised spells (I don't like to waste them :D). I used a lot Skull trap, Fireball, of course Breach, Lower Resistance, Chromatic Orb and I think I could continue with a long list of good spells. Not to mention Greater Malison: after one of that, the Black Dragon died from one Chromatic orb :D
    It's hard to mention "the spell". I don't think there is only one who could be used without any preemptive spells (if you wish maximum effect, of course).

18. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have only recently discovered the delicious death-dealing bounty of the Death Spell.

No more f*****g mephits.

19. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Dispel Magic and Magic Missiles.... obviously!

20. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

At the beginning of the game I always get defensive with:
    *Stoneskin
    Mirror Image
    *Chant
    Defensive Harmony
    Resist/Remove Fear

I always get offensive with:
    *Melf's Acid Arrow
    *Magic Missile
    *Hold Person
    *Horror
    Web
    Fireball
    Chromatic Orb
    Vampiric Touch

*Used extensively in beginning :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.