1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Dark Slayer, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I just bought Neverwinter Nights today and I escaped the Academy by killing some skellies and goblins. Now, I met that Lady and she wanted me to find out some things. I went out to the town and into the store to know that some items are REAL expensive (a robe= 4000 something and I had 147gold). Now to the topic, I don't know where I should go or what I should do. I'm completely
    lost. Please get me on track.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] It's a good idea to get a henchman to complement your character - you can find them in the small fort-like building just out of the palace and a bit to the right IIRC. Then just start going around, talk to people, get some quests, find out what's going on (plague, etc.), kill a lot of monsters, and along the way you'll also get to find the items Aribeth wants.

3. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

And Aribeth mentioned something about a Peninsula District. I went there and I found myself surrounded by enemies. What should I do there?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Whatever comes natural in CRPGs - kill anything that is hostile and moves. :D

But seriously, you need to get into the prison. I recommend you get one of the walkthroughs from SP. Here's a quote from one:

"QUEST: Stop the prison riot:
    There are many ways to do this. First off, talk to the guard once you enter the Peninsula District. He'll tell you to go talk to the militia leader in the Peninsula District. She's in the Southeast part of town. Kill the escaped prisoners along the way. You can also torch the "plague victim pyres" using your torch for 25 XP! Once you get there, the leader says that there is a prisoner that is holding the key to the front door of the prison! Just great, you get to hunt down every lousy prisoner to find out which one has it! Or, simply, you can go in through the Tanglebrook Estate. Lady Tanglebrook's gardener tells you that you can get in via the estate, and that the key is underneath the mat."

5. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

So I should kill every hostile guys and stop the riot?
    Oh, and a certain big door was either talking to me or someone was inside. Does the key unlock that?

6. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

To make things easy try and get (unless ytou already are one) the thief henchman; Tomi Undergallows, you can find him inside the temple before you go outside and he'll tag along for 200 (I think). The good thing about Tomi is he has good ranged attacks and can lock pick pretty much anything you encounter early on in the game, so get yourself and your new found friend down to the peninsula and get to work. As long as you cover what Tal has said, you should have no problem. After this more quests will be revealed for the other sectors in the city...

7. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

I hired some half-orc guy found in a house. His name is Daelan. Is he good or is he a total loser?

8. Taluntain

Media:
    He's great. I had him as my henchman when I played as a mage.

9. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

Argh... My guy keeps getting killed by an enemy in the peninsula. The enemy had a sword and he seemed to be a deadly fighter. He killed just me with a few hits. Anyway, I can't find that key to the prison. I can't even find that Tanglebrook house.

10. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Are you sure your in the peninsula district? Is your henchman getting a lot of the attacks in? Whats your char and what are his/her stats/equip?

*possible spoiler*

Go into peninsula, up the ramp, take a right, then another right, and its right there...right?

11. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I think he is referring to the gang leader in that part of town.

He's a meany, but doable.

12. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

My char is a human male chaotic good barbarian. STR:16 DEX:15 CON:14 WIS:10 INT:10 CHA:10. Experience:3000
    HP: 34/34

Inventory: Long Sword, Chainmail, A dorky golden sort of helmet, healing potions, some keys, stone of recall, brawler's belt, amulet, Tomi's Contract(I dumped Daelan), two spells and a bunch of stuff including useless armor.

Hmmm... Can't say I went up a ramp to meet that tough guy but he was standing next to a chest.

(Edit) I found Lady Tanglebrook's corpse lying on a big chess board. I got a sort of Darth Maul double-bladed-lightsaber-like sword lying next to her. Is it good or bad? Anyhow, I can't use it :(

[ December 08, 2004, 12:32: Message edited by: Dark Slayer ]

13. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You have to go into the sewers to get the key to the big door. The key under the mat is to the tanglebrook estate that is a different entrance to the prison. Either way is fine, but you're right, the first time through the gang leaders are mucho overpowered. The double ended sword is wespon style exotic and can't be used by small people like halflings or gnomes. Yes it is strong. You're nearly there by this point too.

14. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, even if you have exotic weapon proficiency, don't use it, as you also need to have the feats that minimise the penalties for dualwielding weapons to use it effectively.

15. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

FINALLY! I went to a dungeon like sewer room, slayed a gang leader, got his key, went inside the prison, went to lower levels, injured some half-orc guy and spared him when he surrendered. I went to the lowest level and killed the Intellect Devourer.
    Man, it was TOUGH! I brought the brain back to Aribeth and she congratulated me and gave me 500 gold(I consider it REAL GOOD because money is a major issue for me). Now, I don't know what to do and where to go. (An SP guide didn't tell me what I'm supposed to do in order)

16. Taluntain

Media:
    There's no particular order you need to follow... just pick a city quarter at a time and handle it.

17. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] I went into a trap-filled house in Black Lake and found a strange urn in a chest complete with a note.......

Edit: I found the other 3 ingredients for the cure but that #@$%&, Desther took the cure when it was completed!
    I went into the portal, met a mysterious... woman, went into that building of "false Helmites". I keep getting killed by those legless, floating sword wielding freaks! :(

[ December 11, 2004, 10:30: Message edited by: Dark Slayer ]

18. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Try to read all the journals, books, tomes and listen well to the people you encounter, rushing through things is not very good.
    Complete all subquests first, so you have better equipment and higher lever for you character too beat those enemies. I took them down in no-time.

19. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Or you could try to enter the building through a side door(there are two, I think) instead of that big door in the midle. Also be prepared for a nice fight against Desther and soem ghouls(I think they were ghouls, I could be wrong).

20. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

Anyway I killed Desther's goons and defeated him.
    He surrendered. I'm in Chapter 2 now and I went into a cave in the north and I am just mindlessly slaughtering some goblins and orcs not knowing what to do.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.