1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What should be in part three?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Thunder, Aug 22, 2004.

1. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

As we should have all determined in BG2 the organization may in fact be geared to a certain alignment, but the individuals in it don't necessarily have to. Besides unless they add more alignment-based quests and plot twists than playing as an evil character wouldn't be any fun.

2. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Personally I think a Baldurs Gate III may be a disaester. We all like the infinity engine and now that it is not going to be there I think we may judge it a little harsher. As for the game itself BGII is gonna be tough to beat. There are to many avenues for the company to go down. Do we bring in Gorion, Firkraag, young Aeries and Jaheira's. Or do we bring in a whole new set of NPC's with some hints to Gorion and the ward. In my opinion, I think alot of people may be disgusted with this game when it comes out. Not only with the gameplay but with the storyline as well. But I certainly hope I am wrong.

3. Red5llaw Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Folks,
    Here is a concept that I came up with...
    Gorion is an PC that joins your party. Bhaal is out hmmm... having his way with all and sundry (including Rabbits, Dragons, Fire Giants, et al- that boy is seriously sick and twisted!) The Bhaal cult is collecting these Bhaal spawn or killing them (The bad guys). your job if you choose to accept it is to find a safe place to hide some (maybe 2 like you and Imoen, in the future. You could have to protect the Pregnant mothers? Side line quests Minsc recieving head injuries and adopting a miniature giant space hampster? I do like Dirty Harr..urrr I mean Kivan. a quiet achiever.
    Or alternately the Harpers trying to restore balance AND wipe out some Bhaal spawn. Or I'm not sure is it ever actually expalined how Bhaal dies???? huh huh- theres an opening if I ever heard one. Someone has to stop this serial sex offender.
    just my 2 cents worth.
    Red5llaw
    ps I've actually bought 4 copies od BG1, 2 of BG 2 and IWD a couple also. There are certain disc's that just eventually wear out. Luckily the price drops over time. I can't wait for something new!!!!

4. TBurma316 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Shouldn't be a game called BG3. The story finished, leave it there. And no prequel either. By all means call it BG3 but don't touch the original story at all.

5. Uncle Spanky Gems: 1/31

Tow words for a playable NPC from a prequel: Uncle Spanky... From all of Jan's stories of the evil gnome illusionist would be faaaaantastic.

6. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"Spanky Jansen, at your service" that would indeed be great. A halfling thief with the name thunderburp would great too :D

7. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Prequel? Making a story, then adding some prequels to that story is always a disaster (Star Wars). I like BG2 as a nice endpoint. Everything tied up nice and neat, some loose ends but those are best left to the imagination. In all, you can't add to perfection.

8. Uncle Spanky Gems: 1/31

@LeFleur

Since he was supposed to be a bit more nefarious than Jan ever was it would be more like.

"I've got a fantastic idea about what we can do with these Turnips and your big mouth."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.