1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What name do you give your PC?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Evil Dad, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Shrike Banned

"Jesus Christ" is one that frequents my band of adventurers.

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Jesus. Really? What class is he? Priest?

3. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

F/M/T - Valerie Swiftblade

Or from a film titled Snatch - ?written this way?

Frank Four Fingers - Assassin
    Boris the Balde - K/M

4. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I usually take names from characters I've played or used (as NPC's) in PnP.

Fighters: Gri'shak, Steve, Taradan, Brista, Jim Bean :p , Jack Daniels, Kellisar, Lesnar

Fighter/thieves: Bartak, Thorodrongor

Rangers: Bob

Mages or Fighter/Mages: Tadasurraskaluth, Thunder :cool:

Yes I love playing fighter types ;)

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Rangers: Bob

PMSL! :D

6. Arath Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Arath, I think it can be used on all classes and races. I also use that for all online games,(Utopia) and such

7. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

@ Arath --- That is sooo weird, because when I first got BG, my first few characters all had the name "Arath Dynn." Pretty Freaky!

Other thank than one (which comes back occasionally, I just try to make up cool ones, or "Fantasize" regular names.

One of my personal favs: Crystufeir D'Ma

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

My favorite name to use was Arkanis, then Black Isle ruined it for me by putting an Arkanis in BG2. :mad:

9. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Being a big Highlander fan, my favorite name at the moment is KURGAN. Which I use for my chaotic evil fighter.

I like Durgan for evil dwarf characters.

I have also started using Dax for my Bard, F/M and F/T characters, which was inspired by Dakkon (what a cool character).

Out of all the classes, I find Druids by far the hardest to name.

10. Terelya Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I agree that naming a character can be hard. But here are the names I came up with.

Half elven ranger: Celinda
    Human paladin: Terelya
    Human bard: Tanelle
    Elven cleric: Valentria

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I've just ran through BG with myself Apeman van Erada.

Apeman from sorcerers and Van Erada has all the letters of my real last name.

12. Magicmom Gems: 1/31

I used to play Everquest and I liked playing a Paladin because of their moral qualities. So, I decided my name would be Paldanari. And so that is who I always am.

13. Xerxes Gems: 3/31

I ALWAYS use the name Xerxes

You can think of the name as an ancient Persian emperor or that computer from system shock 2

14. Kyrie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ooh, I love coming up with names. That's possibly why it took me so long to beat the Nashkel Mines, I kept making new games. Some of my faves are Jayd, Bhaie, Xiec, Kenevik, Sybelle, Aurila... can't remember anymore at the moment. Names are fun though!

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I usually try to stick with "Virne", but that just doesn't fit in; so I use "Vicius."

*Cough* :D

(Yea, it's hard to come by with good -fitting!- names)

16. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I use my name that people call me which is Riz, and thinking up a decent name takes far to long :x

17. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

So far:
    My Paladin/Undead Hunter (who is about to start TOB):
    Michael

My most Favorite Character, A chaotic good elven Mage dualed from a level 7 Fighter, who is about to finish BG1.
    Eleril

That's a cool elven name I found using a elf name generator.

And for my soon to be created chaotic evil elven Thief/ dualed from a level 7 Fighter:
    Vandir - Another one from the elf name generator.

18. The Netherlord Gems: 1/31

I usually make up a new name for each char I make.
    Lately I've used Saeraith for my male elven mage, Natalyana or Saithaya for my female elven mages, and Saithayan for a male. My necromancer I called Naerocharon. Thats the best of those I still remember.

19. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31

My most favorite character - chaotic good male ranger or fighter: Hellscream and Doomhammer (names of ork leaders in WarCraft 3). Now I am playing with a chaotic neutral mage - Al Hazred (crazy Arab, author of the Necronomicon - H.P. Lovecraft). I also like Oton or Atilla for a fighter.

20. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I try to figure out other names, but always end up with Mollusken.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.