1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What min specs so the game runs perfectly?

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by elric13, Apr 19, 2007.

1. elric13 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Hi all,

So my PC has the following:
    - 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
    - 100GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
    - Video card: 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON X1400 HyperMemory

Will this suffice to play Oblivion to its full graphical capacity?

2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

You might want to add your processor in, as that is one of the more important items as well. From whay you have posted it is good, but to run Oblivion at max specifications takes a hell of a lot, so I'm not sure.

3. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

as long as you have a decent processor it will run fine...my gf has a worse rig than that and it runs on it.

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Depends on the kind of frame rates you are looking for. If you want between 30-40 fps in all areas, with full settings, it's not very likely you will be able to run it on that graphics card.

5. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Define 'perfectly'...do you include Anti-aliasing?? HDR?? Or do you prefer Bloom?? Are you going to play with Distant LOD on? If yes, what level of tree fade, item fade and actor fade will you want? How much grass detail? What resolution do you play at?

I am not trying to be annoying...just that if you told us all this information, as well as what CPU you have, it would help us out.

As of now, let me just say that I had an X1300 with 2 GB RAM and a 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo and I rarely got anything above 15 fps at 1024x768 resolution, all sliders at medium, AA off with HDR enabled.

So no...I don't think an X1400 will be that much better myself. I upgraded my video card to X1600 with 512 MB RAM and now I get 25 fps at 1280x800 resolution, all sliders at half.

6. elric13 Gems: 3/31

hi thanks for your answers.
    My processor and computer is:
    Dell Inspiron E1705 Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB)

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

You should be able to play at 1024x768 with HDR (no antialiasing), Distant LOD enabled, grass completely off, all other sliders at half...and get a frame rate of about 20 outdoors, 30 indoors.

8. Kiwi Gems: 3/31

Veteran

This thread has had the grass growing up to hide it since it was last active. I just ran over it with the power mower.

Like far too many new gamers, this OP used a term that is essentially meaningless. Because the human sensorium is totally variable, and our own individual perceptions so mutable, words such as "best" and "better" mean absolutely nothing in objective terms.

Agreeing about what "perfectly" means is equally impossible. The real truth about Oblivion is that there was a lot of room in all of the settings to keep on increasing the level of eye candy as new hardware developments appeared.

The minimums are and were a bad joke against the owners of old or cheaply sold PCs. Even the Recommended Level of hardware was barely in the true medium scale for the graphics, so I've been telling any who ask to ignore the minimums.

Personally, I find anything slower than a 6600 GT or with poorer image quality than a Radeon to be inadequate (yup, eliminated all of the Geforces I tried, right there).

The mobility 1400 is just an X1300 vanilla, and it's slow. The majority of 1300s and 1400s sold are so-called Hypermemory devices that use main system memory to go beyond the actual 64 MBs they have onboard, so those are slower still!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.