1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

what kind of warrior/rogue the one you prefer?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Skywind, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Hi there!
    It's been a long long time been I play BG2 again... I just started with a human Assassin, planning to dual-class to fighter after lv12, but now I'm wondering, what about kensai/thief or a multi-class fighter/thief? Each have their good and bad points. but which would you people prefer and why?
    I'm thinking to play with a multi-class fighter/thief instead, as I think this is the only class that allows me to learn both fighter's and thief's HLAs. But Assassin/fighter have will most likely have the highest THACO of this 3 choices and Kensai/thief will have the super HLA(use any item). Is there some points you can give too?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I like multi-class fighter/thief. Greater Whirrlwind+Assasination=instant death of those not immune to backstab :D

3. Koki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I take Swashbuckler and dual him to Fighter at 35... needless to say, this is 'cheating'(Remove XP cap). This way I get lv 40 fighter with +7 to hit, damage and AC, not saying about Use Any Item, Traps and so on.

4. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Another good choice is is fighter/thief/mage of course with few Mods installed. I got this character and went throught the game about 5 times so his stats and XP are very good. And I know every single spell + HLA from all 3 classes. He is a killer :D

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

(sits in silence dreaming about a FCT)

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

@The Shaman
    to bad you can't have fighter/cleric/thief. That would be a powerhouse

7. Koki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Oh hell yes, I've been thinking about F/C/T for some time...

8. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Have you tried if there are any blunt weapons unsuitable for backstab? A back"stab" with the FoA could be quite nice, even for a "regular" C/T :)
    Aside from that, I suppose some mods add the FCT combo. I mean, I've heard of such strange kits out there that one's bound to have a few more multiclasses. Have you seen one mod that does so?

9. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    The Swashbuckler/Fighter is great in a straight fight (though I wouldn't go as far as level 35!!!)
    I believe Assassin are better off single class (that is without mods).
    Kensai/Thief is great because of the HLA Use Any Item which allows a Kensai to wear an armour.
    The question is when you MC whether you want to end up with a Fighter or a Thief?
    If you want a Fighter the Swashbuckler/Fighter is great, if you want a Thief you should perhaps go with the Kensai/Thief.
    @TheShaman: Swashbuckler/Cleric is a great DC, better AC, better damage and attacks, plus the possibility to get ++ in club, quaterstaff and weapon styles (+++ in two-weapons style) you still won't get the extra attacks but this character will be better than any Cleric in a fight.

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

My favorite is a regular thief, dualled to a fighter around Lvl15 or 16. You get the 5x backstab, grandmastery, and fighter HLA's. You can just carve through anything with that, starting with a backstab on the hardest enemy. :evil:

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Swashbuckler is my brother's favourite character of that kind. I don't really play those.

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Well, they're nice too if you just want a dual-wielding tank. The AC bonus gets pretty good at high levels when combined with good armor and a high DEX. Just stick your skill points into things like set traps and detect illusions, and leave move silently and hide in shadows as they are.

13. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I;m dreaming about F/M/C/T(Quadruple-classing)

14. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

As a C/T, you can only backstab with a staff or club. Fortunately, there are very good weapons of either type.

A F/C/T would be incredible, and also believable as the pre-eminent Child of Bhaal. Sanctuary is the ultimate stealth spell for thieves, and it's only 1st level!

15. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    @chickavalier: if you really want to try a F/M/C/T you should check out the semi-multi mod over at spellhold studios.

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

C/T is excellent, expecially if its an half-oce with 19 strength. You can use a club or staff for backstabbing (as Bion states), and then switch to a flail or mace for better damage afterwards. Do not forget the strength increasing spells on top of this for mega backstabbing damage!

17. Bion Gems: 21/31

Yeah, the C/T can buff himself up to a fighter THAC0, and will likely be spending alot of time running around with a buffed Str of 25...

And more on Sanctuary: it stays fully active unless you attack, which means you can stand in a room full of enemies, buff yourself, detrap everything, unlock everything, and loot everything without anyone noticing. As for Invisibility or Improved Invisibility? Try to open a chest and everyone knows you're there...

In combination with stealth abilities, Sanctuary could aslo allow the C/T to be the ultimate pacifist PC, avoiding battles unless absolutely necessary...

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Can you use shadowkeeper to have an assassin/kit priest multi class? That would be an amazing character to have.

19. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Yes you have to make a cleric/ thief and add the kit the same way you would any other sk'd mc

20. Bion Gems: 21/31

Hmm, a PC with 25 Str (duhm) and fighter's THAC0 (rm), with 7x backstab + poison...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.