1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What kind of mattress do you have?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by revmaf, Apr 4, 2008.

?

What kind of mattress do you usually sleep on?

1. Innerspring

19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. Foam

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Air chamber (like Sleep Number)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Futon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No mattress, I sleep on the floor

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Other

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

What kind of mattress do you have, and do you like it? The kind of mattress is the poll and the "do you like it?" is the request for replies/posts.

I have an aging innerspring mattress that is starting to make my back hurt and wonder what others have and whether they recommend them. I visited a Select Comfort store, aka Sleep Number beds, and went through the sales pitch, and though they're expensive, they sure seemed comfortable to me. With their financing option I could buy one, I think, but I am allergic to snap financial decisions.

So, inquiring minds want to know, not who you're sleeping with :eek: but what you're sleeping on! ;)

2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I voted others as I have a combination of Innerspring, Foam and air. It's really nice and 3x3 meters :)

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    First off, that's one big ass bed Shaitan.

I have the classic innerspring mattress, and as for liking it, I guess it's OK. It's seven years old at this point, and while it's not totally beat, it is probably nearing the end of it's functional life. To me, if you can get 10 years out of a mattress, you got your money's worth.

I would seriously consider a sleep number for my next purchase, especially since I prefer a more firm mattress than my wife, and I understand that the sleep numbers can be adjusted so one side is firmer than the other.

I don't think I'd ever buy a foam mattress, and something like a futon would simply be impractical.

You forgot about the possibility of "who you're sleeping on" :lol:

revmaf likes this.
  4. revmaf

So I did - my years of monk-like celibacy rebound on me! ;)

Wow, it really is - you must have to buy custom linens for that thing.

And, Aldeth, as for the Sleep Number bed, I was surprised at how many storefronts they have - Knoxville's not really a big town but there are two there, one in each of the big shopping centers. You may want to go with Mrs. Aldeth and try one out. Not the same as sleeping on one (one mattress, not one another, silly) but I found the demo very interesting.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What, no direct choice for waterbed? :p

Innerspring for me and the missus.

Heh. That is exactly what I was thinking. :)

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I have a waterbed. It's comfortable like woah, but it has it's cons -- don't whack the pinata in this kind of bed if you're prone to sea sickness... hard experience speaking here.

7. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    What kind of mattress? Beats me. Something called a "Deep Sleep." But it's got lots of bounce to it. Btw, we found out today that the baby is a boy. :grin:

8. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    I have a combination of innerspring and foam (sort of).

I like it, it's soft and quite bouncy. Two years old and quite comfortable, too.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Foam, and I can heartily recommend it. I'd never go back to a regular spring bed.

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    We currently have a "queen" sized innerspring matress... One of these days, we want to get a "California King" sized bed. I haven't tried one of those memory foam beds...but sleeping on foam seems like it would be hot. :bad: :rolling:

11. nunsbane

nunsbane

Innerspring matress here. It's not aging like revmaf's matress, it is old like...Yoda. It's only a double and suits me just fine as I am easy to please and I don't have much company nowadays.

DoTW, Whacking the pinata?....is that what young people are calling it these days? :)

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

That's the way I call it. Coined the term on the spur of the moment and digged it, so I decided to keep it. Some other people have digged it too.

revmaf likes this.
  13. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I accidentally voted foam, but what I have is an innerspring... It's really old though and the springs poke through kinda at some spots, but it's fine enough. My bed's the problem, stupid twin and it's supports are broken, so I have a sag in the middle :o

14. revmaf

Eh, senior moment on the waterbed choice, sorry, all.

Interesting array of answers, though.

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ah, well, what I have is not the typical "foam" everyone thinks of first. It's just as airy as an innerspring mattress (the outside feels the same, it's just the inside that's different). I think this is the one. Not for sale outside Europe though, apparently.

16. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yes that's the drawback - fortunately we could buy the matresses. The rest is homemade - and we love it :)

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I also have a waterbed. It's a soft-side tube-type waterbed.

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mrs Bruno and I had a Sealy and a Simmons (one is now the guest bed) when we got married -- both are extremely comfortable, both are pillow-top innerspring mattresses. I would recommend you stop by a couple of good bed stores and compare comfort and prices before committing to such an expensive option.

revmaf likes this.
  19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    We have a memory foam mattress, but I think it is going senile. Both of us wake up with sore backs in the morning but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that my husband sleeps in the middle and I'm always crammed into the edge. :p

20. revmaf

Just noticed ... what kind of experience??? :lol:

Eh, what's an old lady like me to do around you young 'uns?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.