1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your favorite race / class?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'd have to go with either:

half-orc blackguard
    gnome wild mage

or
    either an elf or half-orc stalker/cleric

I've been playing a half-orc berserker here and there and he seems fun too. :tobattle:

2. Sevanhya Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I used to play undead hunters, they were a blast.

But a Fighter berserker dual to thief at level 14 is quite good. Being able to wield the holy avenger is cool.

I also went with a half orc fighter/thief. A 19 natural strength makes him quite wicked.

I played a monk, but he was boring, and was running into problems when needing to hit things that I needed magical weapons. His DPS dropped like a rock.

Right now I am playing an elven fighter/mage. Lots of fun I can't wait for time stop and greater whirlwind.

I can't bring myself to play a non fighter class. That makes me depend on some of the other fighters that are already set up the way I don't like them.

I might try a fighter/druid next, but unsure.

3. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Gnome thief/illusionist hands down.
    the fact that i managed to get a 106 stat roll on one helps a lot, but the class/race combo is pretty strong right out of the gate even with lower stats.

4. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Off the top of my head (hey it's been a decade+) its human totemic druid, half-elf blade and elf wild mage.

When it comes to BG2 I want to have the best of everything (power, efficiency, RP) and these combinations make that possible for me.
    The totemic druid gets "I win" buttons earlier than just about any other class (spirit animals are very powerful early game, and then he just moves on to nymphs, fire elementals, insects and other really powerful spells). It's like every few levels the character gets a power level spike and the game is struggling to keep up.
    The blade is just too fun to play. He's like an F/M/T but instead of being a true jack-of-all-trades he has real power to fall back on. Like the F/M/T his versatility keeps you thinking of new and (often) more effective ways to beat encounters but when you just need raw firepower you can use combos like MMM/Offensive Spin, basically a mini-whirlwind equivalent that a blade can use it as early as BG:EE.
    Both of these characters have lots of high minimum stats so getting 100 or so rolls on my characters was easy, and both gain experience very quickly so I could force high level NPCs to spawn after doing just a few quests. It's fun running around chapter 2 with NPCs that could cast spells like Harm and level 5 arcane spells.

The wild mage is potentially both the game's strongest and weakest kit, and that makes it very fun to play. LOL moments like a cow dropping from out of nowhere or multiple wild surge combinations (like AoE effect and No Save) during intense battles is priceless.

5. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Cavalier, Half/Elf Jester and a Half-Orc Barbarian have been my favorites over the years. Works my Good/Neutral/Evil moods ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.