1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is the hardest song to play on the guitar?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Darhken Rahl, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Darhken Rahl Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

2. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Steve Vai's solo from Crossroads (Paganini?) sure is challenging.

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

How about Eric Clapton making his guitar talk? Yes, literally talk.

4. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Vivaldi's Four Seasons, first movement of Winter.

Most of the third movement of Summer is ok, but I really struggle with Winter.

In terms of chord based songs, complex acoustic pieces kill me. Once a metal guitarist, always a metal guitarist.

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Jimi Hendrix is the only person who can play voodoo child properly (really just a myth, but blaspheme to say otherwise ;) )

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Zak Wylde on Miracle man. He let the guitar say Miracle man Now try that :) !

7. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The huge chunk in the middle of Hendrix's "Star Spangled Banner" where he uses distortion and feedback to make it sound like a bomb was falling, and people were crying.

8. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hard one, try the little slap solo at the end of “You Can Call Me Al” by Paul Simon, it is bass guitar and very hard to play indeed. Guitar I would say “Walking on Hot Coals” by Rory Gallagher.

9. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

John Butler Trio. John Butler solos outrageously in the middle of his already damn hard to play songs. He really is a talented player.

10. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I agree that complex acoustic can break you. Atleast for me, that's much more difficult than fast metalsolos etc.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.