1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is NWN?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Oct 18, 2001.

1. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

This proble sounds really stupid but what is Never Winter Nights? I'v heard alot abou it but I dont know what it really is. Is it some kind of Dungen Making tool?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  3. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] It's a CRPG like BG2, but more aimed for multi-player use. It also includes a module builder and ability to DM games live. Here is the FAQ for more info. http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/NWN/nwnfaq.php

[edit] I guess that's payback for all the time I cut in front of you Tal. :D

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited October 18, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  4. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Ok. I skimed over that. I understand that most of it. But can i as a DM create a game from scrach and have people play it?

5. Snorri Guest

[​IMG] Well as of recently, i to have been wanting to be a DM.
    Basicly yes you can create your own domain that people can logg on to over an icp or network whatever, and this will be your world to control and do as you see fit.

And on the other side, which is the better one in my opinion, is to join a NWN world, like ALFA and create a part of their world that you will DM, for example: being allocated the Silverymoon area, which you will be in control of.

I'm not a source of information like our learned friends here, but i hope this helped, also go to my DM'ing question to go to an ALFA link on DM'ing

-Snorri

6. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

All righty then. I'v read though most ever thing i can find on ALFA. Now I want to see if i got this right so corect me if i'm wrong.
    1. You can make a campain all your own.
    2. It can be played singel player.
    3. You are able to make graphics for the game and put them in to you campain.

7. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Yup, you can build your world out of the 'tiles' that will ship with the game. Check out the scores of screenshots that Darien has linked to to see what awesome effects can be achieved: Cities, forests, wilderness, interiors and of course - Dungeons!

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited October 19, 2001).]

8. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Yes! I'm so happy! Now I can finaly put my ideas to something that i can share with the world. Ok but two last questions.
    1. Will all the monsters that are in D&D be in NWN?
    2. When is it coming out to buy?

My mind is realing with the posobileties!

9. Silverblade Guest

Well, there will be lots of monsters of course. All of them is inpossible in my opinion, but the creators must have great programming skills, so there will be enough.

And there is no official release date.

10. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Is thier an estemate on the release date?

11. Snorri Guest

I beleive the shipping date will be march next year, which could be bad as i am on the last and final selection process for my scholorship to Japan.

Also for the monsters, as the world will be held on a server, i beleive that DM's or anyone interested might be able to download them, like that for BG & Shadow of Amn i'm sure there are lots of talented programmers that will create an infinate amount of monsters available from the Monster manual.

If not i will get my friends to make some and make them available over my website.

12. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Derek French, Assistant Producer:

Release Date: There is no release date for Neverwinter Nights. When we have a release date, this post will change with the addition of the release date.

The release dates that you see at retail sites are their best guess as to when the game will ship. Sorry, but it is just that; a guess.

That being said, things are progressing quite smoothly on the game and we are still on track for a release this winter season.

Sorry for all the confusion people... Winter 2001 = December 21st, 2001 through March 20, 2002. We have been saying this all along and I have to reinterate that this is NOT new news, nor is it a change. And that this is still not an Official Release date, but when we expect the game to come out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.