1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is generic bonus to ac?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by AlexGK, Nov 13, 2002.

1. AlexGK Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Seen some of my characters have generic bonus to their AC.Some of them even +2.What's this?

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

uhm.. need more information. What kind of character, stats and equipment. Generic AC is not something I'm familiar with in 3e d&d, playing some game CRPG? (IWD II perhaps?)

3. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

Lokken, I know that you lost that bet in the poll, but if I could, I would invite you to drink something somewhere on my bill :) :) :) Damn far are you from me...
    You seem always to answer my stupid questions.Thanks, I'm just not a hardcore RPG fan like the most people who are here, bit still am a Fan.
    As for the info you needed here it is - playing IWD 2 indeed, and half of my group has +1 bonus on AC (generic) - aasimilar fighter 1 Paladin 4 lvl, human wizard lvl 6, human monk lvl 6 has +2,
    half-orc barbarian lvl 6 has none,thiefling rougue has +1,and my human cleric has +1 too.
    As for stats the Paladin is nothing exclusive 15,12,10,6,18,18 i think, half-orc 21,18,18,6,6,6
    and so on...really screwd this party cose it's my first in 3d and as you see full wrong :mad:

[ November 13, 2002, 14:22: Message edited by: AlexGK ]

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

hmm, perhaps it's a bonus from an unidentified item? Or a spell like bless?

as for the stats.. I just can't help it :D ..

*cackles and points at the int score* :lol:

5. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

nope, all items down and no spell active - still it is there :) :) :)
    Making new party now - it'll be much stronger for sure:)All max. ugly and max. stupid and NO 18 wis for paladins - just seen lvl 4 is max spel level they get....And all humans that is

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

then I'm clueless. Don't have IWD2 so I can't say anymore than what I know from the ruleset. Probably a custom thing for the game, or some bug. Could be a bonus of something ingame.

7. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

could be... Just loaded the save of my old party named the begining(always save at the begining) and voila - only my future paladin and cleric (now fighters lvl 1)have such a bonus and +1.the monk and thiefling and the wizard don't have.I think it's a bug.Got an idea to make the same character and start new.If only this time he does not have such a bonus.....

8. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I almost certain that the generic bonus you have comes from the dodge feat. Monks also get generic bonuses as they go up levels.

9. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

And you are 100% right i just found it myself.Only odd thing is why they call it generic and not something like dodge +1 :mad:
    Thanks, it seems that what one can't do many can :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D

[ November 13, 2002, 15:11: Message edited by: AlexGK ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.