1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What happens when you die?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Oaz, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Heya, everyone. Haven't posted in the Alley in a while. It's phobia or something, I guess.

Boy, am I addicted to this online comic. Anyways, while much of it is silly, funny, and downright side-splitting, it has more than one deep thought contained in it:

This is just something I found interesting: Comic of June 3rd, 2001

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I kid you not -- I once knew a guy who felt uncomfortable having sex after his parent's died because he was scared they were watching! Now that's whacked out!

I told him that had they wished to watch while they were alive, they could have gone to the effort of hooking up a video camera to spy on him, but that they had other things to do in this world and really had no interest in watching his white butt bounce up and down. Therefore, they probably wouldn't undergo a personality change and decide to turn into voyeurs with an incestuous streak. It seemed to help, but I stopped being friends with him after that -- he was clearly a little off his rocker.

3. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

To answer the topic question...

Your body rots and is eaten by worms for a start...

4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] You reload, of course.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Khazraj speaks the truth.

Well... either that, or the incredible burning sensation. :D

6. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

When you die, you get eternally laid. (Or so I assume).

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    What do you think the virgins are for? :D

8. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, there's only one way to find out :D

9. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Volunteers :grin: ?

10. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I was in the army a few years ago, and the one thing you learn (well, other than how to wait and how to walk long distances) was to never, ever volunteer for anything. :D

11. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

But, what do you think you feel? Is it all pitch black or something or?

12. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I am a christian so guess what I know is right. And yes, I wrote KNOW!!

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

You don't feel a thing, you're dead remember. All your nevers have stopped working. :rolleyes:

14. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Many have suggested that we go on to another life or are reincarnated in this one. A repectable source believes it's both.

Unexplainable phenomena or somesuch, the author seemed to be in the know, at least more in the know than newer books.

15. Malaqai Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Of the many books I have read on the subjects, I narrowed only 3(!) possible events. In every case your body rots and is eaten by worms. But this is the case with "you" (the body is but a vessel).

1. It's pitch black, no sounds, no awareness---complete annihilation of awareness. You are not conscious. There is no "you". Plato dismisses this one off easily in his dialogue "Phaedon" by saying something along the lines of--- what is the point of life if there is nothing after it? And I refuse to believe there is no purpose to life."

2. You are reincarnated into another body. While most people think this is logical, I don't because there is an everincreasing number of people on the planet and the whole purpose of reincarnation is to cleanse your soul of sins so every man/woman can go-on and achieve spiritual perfection (the next level). And if the number of us is increasing, who is manufacturing the souls?

3.Heaven or purgatory or hell. Ofcourse not in a biblical sense (green fields for heaven, pits of fire and pain for hell), but a state of the soul (bliss, satisfaction----heaven; guilt---purgatory; guilt&pain----hell) in which your soul feels only 1 feeling but feels it really strongly. Seems an OK explanation for me. And when a soul in hell has suffered enough and expiriences sorrow about it's actions, you move on up----1st purgatory, then heaven.

16. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

you either rot in the ground and get eaten by worms, or you get reincarnated into a different life-form.

17. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I believe that Malaqai pretty sums up the most popular beliefs for the life after death.
    But these are only theories since we haven't so far been able to communicate with anyone who died.
    So is anyone volunteering in order to tell us what is happening after death;
    Yeah i learned that you don't have to volunteer they name you a volunteer :D

18. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Ok, this is a little :yot:

"Phaedon", hmm, switching letters.
    Aha, Daephon was it :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.