1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What happened to Interplay's forums?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Viper3220, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Viper3220 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm hoping this is the proper forum for this but I'm not sure so bear with me.... (did i even spell the right bear?)

I like these boards, they're very informative...
    But I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to the Interplay message boards?

[ January 06, 2005, 14:49: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Short answer: They died along with Interplay.

Longer answer: Interplay went "belly up" so anything relating to them got shut down as well. :rolling:

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

And no, bear wasn't correct. :D

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah, Interplay ran out of money - and so decided to take it down as to not have any more enourmous debts to pay. And now, horrah, Interplay seems to have been obliterated and stuff, so yay :)

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

What is so yay about that? I certainly hope you were sarcastic, but the smily made me doubting. Interplay was the best RPG maker ever, and I hope it will be ressurected.

6. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Agreed, how can you bitch about a group that brought you titles like fallout?

7. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The fact that nobody from Fallout remains there IIRC, and they were a shell of their former selves. Doesn't mean I was happy to see them go down of course, but past glories won't necessarily lead to respect now.

8. Viper3220 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ok thanks everybody. I was wondering if anybody here knew anyone (or if you are one of those people) that used to hang out at the interplay forums?
    I used to be Viper and Dexter156 there if that helps.

(ps I knew I didn't post it in the right forum lol)

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can bitch about them because they're the same people who killed Jefferson (BG3) and Van Buren (Fallout 3), so nyeh :p

10. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Darn it. I was going to post "Same thing that happened to Interplay."

dun-dun-KSSH!

11. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I posted in the Interplay forums under the same name and I believe so did a number of other people here. The poster I miss most is Mystic Tempest with her ever-changing avatars and slightly wacky polls.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.