1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What happened to Dynaheir? (spoiler alert ON)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Farthy, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Not much of a spoiler because you know right at the beginning.

OK I know she was killed, but by who and when? Minsc's ramble is confusing in the beginning. Was she killed by Jonny's men when the group was captured at Baldur's Gate or tortured (shudder) like Khalid?

2. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Remember Edwin's quest in BG1? He wanted to kill Dynaheir, because Dynaheir is a witch from Rashemen and Edwin is a Red Wizard (Red Wizards and Rashemen witches are enemies).

3. Farthy Gems: 10/31

Veteran

I think if that were true, Minsc would be more unwilling to let Edwin join later on... :D

4. Vedran Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

She died in a battle when the group was captured.

5. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

After the battle in Waukeem's Promenade when the cowled wizards spirit away Irenicus and Imoen, Minsc shouts out that the killer of Dynaheir is escaping justice (meaning Irenicus). So I'm guessing what happened is that when your group got captured by Irenicus, he killed Dynaheir.

6. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Zvijer is right (I think so)...the only interests of Irenicus were you, Imoen, and Minsc and Jaheira (maybe for some kind of fun...I don't know!!!). But Dynaheir was useless in his plans, so it's probably certain that Irenicus had given orders to kill the others but the four above!

[ February 15, 2003, 19:03: Message edited by: The Silver Bear ]

7. Farthy Gems: 10/31

Veteran

I think Jaheira and Minsc were just fortunate not to be slaughtered. Khalid and Dynaheir were just unlucky. Irenicus was probably going to dispose of those two later, seeing how their cages are together while Imoen's and the player character's are isolated. Minsc and Jaheira would probably be descending the Nine Hells had not Imoen arrived at such a good time. What would he do with those two anyway? And wouldn't it be cool if instead of Minsc and Jaheira, you would get Khalid and Dynaheir? Then there would be a romance with Khalid and...nevermind.

He was going to spare them until later, which was a bad decision on his part! :o

8. Vedran Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

SPOILERS

The programers imagined that, at the end of BG1, player had Imoen, Khalid & Jaheira and Minsc & Dynaheir in the party.
    After defeating Sarevok, the group was ambushed (on the road) by Irenicus' henchmen. Now, I am not sure if everyone was captured or Dynaheir died there. Anyway, Khalid died in the dungeon (obviously) and Minsc and Jaheira would surely share his fate sooner or later. And the protagonist and Imoen would as well, after soul-stealing.

9. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    minsc says that he was made to watch as she was killed, so irenicus probably killed her to torment minsc, knowing the attachment minsc would have had to her as her protector

10. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm not sure, but isn't there a dead body near Minsc cage?

11. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Minsc is priceless, so no need for a mean fighter like Khalid... Sure Dynaheir is a bih loss - she is a excellent mage...

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

The programmers wanted to remove the "coupling" of NPCs that was so prevalent among those in BG1. Since there was no way to do that without people nitpicking about personality changes, they decided to kill off the two that less gamers liked.

As far as the mere in-game context goes, I think she was tortured, much as Khalid was. Minsc says that he was forced to watch, yet could do nothing. That indicates that the party was already Irenicus's captives by the time Dynaheir died.

13. Farthy Gems: 10/31

Veteran

There is a body next to the cage. I think it is a shadow thief's body. Unless, of course, Irenicus went overboard with his experiments on Dynaheir. :evil:

Rastor, how do you know Dynaheir and Khalid were the least liked? Did they have a poll?

[ February 23, 2003, 12:11: Message edited by: Farthy ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.