1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Dual Person Party sounds good?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by LordNocturne, Aug 19, 2001.

1. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] A Fighter and a Mage, A Mage and a Thief, A Thief and a Fighter, or anything else you can think of. I'm not talking about dual classing, i'm saying, One party member is a Fighter/Fighter Kit, the other a Mage/Sorcerer.

What are you opinions?
    I like Mage/Fighter because of the RP. It says Mages usually travel with Fighters or with at least someone

2. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I would say any Druid class and a Conjurer would be fairly badass.

3. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] A Fighter/Thief and a Mage would take care of business. :)

4. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Hmm...A There aren't any MC F/T's are there? Who would make the best NPC in that Combo? Edwin Maybe

5. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

An absolute kickass is a DC/RC and DC S/M (aka Ranger/Cleric + Swashbuckler/Mage).

If you are not into MPlayer thing, I'd suggest DC/RC + Imoen. Good for roleplaying also.

You can have smth like Berzerker + Aerie, or Jaheira + Kensai (very strong) - what I played.

6. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Me and a friend were talking, and he said i should do a Mage/Sorcerer and get Anomen and Keldorn. Super pally + Carsomyry and a good fighter Cleric. Two Tanks, lots of firepower, and a good hitter.

Sound good?

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Possible, but maybe you'd better take one paladin (Carsomyr) and one Fighter. Choose for him Long Sword or War Hammer / Mace (two weapon fighting) if you want to have a real good fighter beside you pally. Maybe it's good to have one of the two who can also use a shield so he has a way better AC and so he can be the first one in your party, and so make it hard for the enemies to do him damage....

8. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Are you suggesting i do multiplayer?

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I think you should do a Bonnie and Clyde type thing with Viconia, Aerie or Jahiera and you as an elven mage (elven mages rule the world) :mad:.

10. Shrike00 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Perhaps I am wrong .... but ....

how is it possible to be a mage/sorceror dual class?

I know Shadowkeeper allows alot of stuff but I usually just use it to fix race. Can you make illegal dual class combos in it as well?

If so, how?

11. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

f/m/c
    f/m/t

[Edit]And no, sorcerer/anything is impossible, with SK or without. You cannot make illegal class combinations with SK. Shrike, I believe Lord Nocturn meant a mage or a sorcerer. [/Edit]

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited October 29, 2001).]

12. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

They don't mean dual classing they mean a party of two ;). As for illegal dual-classing I don't know about that. I'm satisified with dualing options now...

Two-person party

You as Fighter Cleric with your sister, Imoen

13. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You should do a Multiclass fighter/cleric so you can still use good armor and a multi or duel class theif/mage.

14. Meldethar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] is it possible to do a cleric/thief combo? i think that would be the best combo because they're semi-good fighters + healing when wounded and etc, that combo would kick @$$! I also like the fighter/cleric or mage/cleric. maybe dualing to a kensai/mage or kensai/cleric.

P.S.> E-mail me some suggestions too please. (im looking for good combos also!)

[This message has been edited by Meldethar (edited October 30, 2001).]

15. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I would have to go with a dwarven MC fighter/cleric and an elven MC thief/mage or human DC thief/mage.

16. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] How about a Charlie's Angels type party? Aerie, Jaheira and Viconia plus a Gnomish PC with stratospheric charisma; perhaps a thief to account for his stylish elusiveness. Then, download the simultaneous romance and no racism romance patches and somehow manage to keep them all sweet while dallying with random courtesans and Phaere in a large hot tub. Hmmm...

EDIT: Ahem! Sorry about that; I got a little off the topic there, the above being a four person party and all. The Bonnie & Clyde thing just inspired me...

[This message has been edited by Will (edited October 30, 2001).]

17. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A gnomish fighter/thief and his pet monkey Edwin. :grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.