1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What does the cloak of non-detection do?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Harbourboy, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

So did I :lol:

Theoretically, he needs you to destroy Nemphre and Arkion, the two necromancers, and one of them has the ring. But I suppose that any onyx ring will do (I haven't checked the dialog file, probably the onyx ring you take from one of the necromancers uses the same file as any common onyx ring; I am not sure though)

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It's a generic onyx ring, which means any other will do. Same thing with the necklance you get from the other necromancer. And you don't need to kill them, just pickpocketing the items from them is enough to make Ordulinian (blame Andyr if I spelled it wrong :) ) happy.

3. Baronius

Necromancers are evil (okay I haven't checked their alignment but according to Ordulinian, they are evil), Ordulinian is good, my party is good => no pickpocketing, I killed both of the necros.

4. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I put it on my thief who also wears a ring of invisibility. particularly useful against mages who launch detect invisibility right away. then the backstab and bye bye Mr. Mage.

5. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't actually know where the necromancers are, but I inevitably have an onyx ring in my inventory by then, so... ;)

6. Baronius

Both (Nemphre and Arkion) are in simple houses, one of them is in a house at the Southern exit of the area where the Sorcerous Sundries shop is located.

By the way I wouldn't have given another onyx ring to the priest, because as I said it's a principle that when I play good, I'm honest! :p

7. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    @Baronius: What if Ordulinian is lying?
    Wait, he's good, so he can't be lying. Hm... What if he was misinformed? :p
    IIRC, necromancers can be good-aligned. You can even create a Lawful Good Necromancer :D

8. Baronius

Sure. Traditional necro-mancing and shadow-dancing cannot be related with good though, since they disturb dead creatures which is not nice at all. Dealing with corpses and dark forces...
    But of course D&D is D&D, the text above is just my opinion...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.