1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What do you see and feel while looking at these stats ?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Shadow Cougar, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Shadow Cougar Banned

Hewwo there. I'm interested in what do you see, visualize, feel and how do you react while reading these stats below. I don't mean like "Oh this is too low stat it should be higher" or "baah he is too weak, build that and this", I mean like "This thing seems like a pixie with the head strength of minotaur...I doubt that I would react nicely seeing that...I fear of this hybrid-whatsis ?" or "Oooo....that thing is stroooong....**Cries** " ^.^ Get it ? Good. I feel like you people know to share emotions with things that you visualize while D6Ding so..well, lets just continue. ^_~

*I did not wanted to bother you with special qualities, powers, attacks and abilities, perhaps they would reveal too much, and ruin everything. The same goes for name and actual description. *

Type: Large Outsider, Monstruos Humanoid

Subtype: Uneffected Extraplanar, Shapechanger

HD/HP: 30d12 + 270 ( 465 )

Abilities:

Strength 32 ( Mod +11 ),

Dexterity 30 ( Mod +10 ),

Constitution 28 ( Mod+9 ),

Intelligence 26 ( Mod+8 ),

Wisdom 27 ( Mod +8 ),

Charisma 20 ( Mod +5 )

Initiative: + 15

Speed: Normal 40ft, Medium 90ft, Run 200 ft, Swim 125ft, Dive 50ft

Height: 10 ft

Weight: 650 lbs

Built: Powerfuly muscular

Armor Class: 10 + 2 Fur + 10 Dex + 13 Natural – 1 Size = 34 ( Without Armor ). Touch 25. Flaatfooted 34. With Armor ( Auto ) 41

Base Attack/Grapple: +30/+55

Attacks:

Bite 2d10+4 ( +24 ).

Claw 2d8+4 ( +20).

Slam 2d12+13 ( +37 ).

Two-Bladed Sword 4d12+12,20x3+Bonus 5 damage for each max d12 ( normal +80 ).

Ranged Two-Bladed Sword ( Throw ) Attack deals 8d6+15,20x3 plus slaying 80% ( reach 120ft, auto-return ).

Full Attack : Two-Bladed Sword or Slam+Bite or Slam+Claw or Bite+Claw or Throw Two-Bladed Sword ( Ranged ).

Space/Reach: 5-10ft/15ft

Saves: Fort +28 Ref +35, Will +27

Skills: Alchemy +15, Animal Empathy +45, Appraise +8, Balance +35, Climb +40, Concentration +33, Craft or Knowledge ( Any Five ) +23, Decipher Script +24, Disable Device +17, Escape Artist +37, Gather Information +26, Handle Animal +35, Heal +40, Hide +50, Innuendo +17, Intuid Direction +22, Jump +43, Listen +44, Move Silently +32, Search +40, Sense Motive +42, Spellcraft +30, Spot +40, Swim+8, Tumble +32, Use Magic Device +23, Use Rope +6, Wilderness Lore +43.

Feats: Alertness, Ambidexterity, Armor Proficiency Light, Awesome Blow; Blind-Fight, Brew Potion, Combat Casting, Combat Reflexes, Empower Spell, Endurance, Enlarge Spell, Exotic Weapon Proficiency [ Two-Bladed Sword ]. Expertise, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical [ Two-Bladed Sword ], Improved Iniative, Improved Two-Weapon Fightning, Iron Will, Leadership, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Spell Penetration, Spring Attack, Stunning Fist, Throw Weapon [ Two-Bladed Sword ], Toughness, Track, Weapon Finesse [ Two-Bladed Sword ], Weapon Focus [Two-Bladed Sword ], Weapon Specialization [Two-Bladed Sword ], Whirwind Attack.

Enivroment: Anywhere

Organization: One, Unique.

Treasure: Coins, Double Goods, Standard Item, Exotic Goods and Items.

Alignment: Always True Neutral

Advancement: By Character Class.

Challenge Rating: Guess.Another challenge for you. ^.^

So ? ^.^

[ August 19, 2004, 21:26: Message edited by: Shadow Cougar ]

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    On seeing this guy I would go into a catatonic shock state.

3. Shadow Cougar Banned

lmao

Pick a challenge rating. ^_~

4. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Whoa! I hope he's on our side! :eek:

CR: 34

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

You know, I was thinking of making up a post saying that epic levels are nothing but bigger numbers.

You went ahead and proved my point ;)

In all honesty? "Holy ****" was the first reaction I had.

6. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Well this will be intersting".

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Well, at least he doesn't have a backstab multiplier" :p

8. Shadow Cougar Banned

This creature is not in epic levels.

9. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Rather than thinking about it, I'd run and hide somewhere and hope it's friendly.

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I see a creature made by someone who doesn't fully understand the rules of D&D.

11. Shadow Cougar Banned

Really, Oaz ? Where do you see an error ? You would be surprised if I would tell you who made that creature. Go on, tell me where do you see errors ?

12. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Type: This creature has two types. There's only one type for each creature.

HD: d12 is an arbitrary figure. Neither the outsider or the monstrous humanoid types have a d12 HD.

Grapple: Also an arbitrary figure. I have no idea how you computed this.

These are just three things that are inconsistent with the game rules. I'm not going to tell you that your creature is erroneous because:

A) You never gave the full details, just lots of figures.

B) You can just say, "I wanted it that way - I don't care if it's inconsitent with the game rules." But if that's how you like it, then good, but don't expect me to praise your creature and tell that I feel a sense of overwhelming awe when I look at it.

13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Wow. So, is he a good guy, or does he crush Tokyo every other Thursday?

14. Shadow Cougar Banned

Sorry Oaz, I know what are you talking about, but -

a) I was not the one who made this monster.

b) You are not taking into concern that D&D is a game that has 12000 rules, and all can be modified. Neither rule will say to you : Do this that was and there is no other way. Rules are there to make the things working, but also the D&D team allowed modifications of any rule, especially from Dungeon Master, to make the thing super creative and interesting. Limiting this game with basic rules is a sin. Also, reading any of the books, you will find "Usually" or "Often" being common and "Always" and "Never" being rare.

There CAN be multiple types because creature can cover more than just :

Large Outsider, Extraplanar.

Why ?

( Example ) Imagine a 10 feet tall magical fox in the form of humanoid born in Six Heavens of Celestia and banished to Material Plane in the land of Greyhawk. The creature is out of this plane, from a higher one. So its outsider. The creature is 10 ft tall, so it belongs to class : Large. The creature is a humanoid, but completely takes the beast appereance, therefore : Its Monstruous Humanoid. The creature is extraplanar itself. The creature can shapeshift, therefore, a Shapeshifter. Clear enough ? Good. ^.^

c ) d12. Both things you stated correct, except of the words used, and I asked that the creator myself. However... The books say that particual creature often has "this and that" kind of combat ability, hp and saving throws. Not once the rule is exact or non-modificatable. Isn't it...a little bit quite smart to put 30d12 instead of 45d8 ? Makes things easier, and sounds more powerful than 45d8. This modification was made intentiosly by the creator, his knowledge of D&D is quite outstanding.

d) Grapple : This creature is a destroyer with claws and bite and has a special rend check as well. And we all know what is rend. He can have grapple anytime so, but requiers a little bit different principe.

Thank you for your time, and don't bother yourself anymore, as well : Stop saying I made it, because didn't.

^.^

15. Oaz Gems: 29/31

D&D is a complex game, but it's not hard to know the basics, and to be able to look something up when you don't know it. However, it really seems like the creator of this creature just put in the figures he wanted, and didn't worry about whether he was being consitent with the rules. That's fine, but I wouldn't want my DM making arbitrary rules and creatures.

I'm not really trying to attack this creature and tell you that it is an anathema, but I would be glad to help whoever made this creature make it more consitent with the rules, so that more DM's might use a new resource that follows the rules of their game.

16. Shadow Cougar Banned

"D&D is a complex game, but it's not hard to know the basics, and to be able to look something up when you don't know it. However, it really seems like the creator of this creature just put in the figures he wanted, and didn't worry about whether he was being consitent with the rules." Okay I'm taking this as an offensive comment now, you blindly going forward with your self-beliefs behaving like I or the creator lack the D&D knowledge. Repeating things will not move us forward in any matter, Oaz. And to stop your constant moving backward, let me tell you this :

This creature was made by SKIP WILLIAMS. Ever heard for him ? I bet you did. Now, shut the hell up, and stop being a party broker, you're going toward wrong direction. ^.~

Thank you for your offensing concern, though. And this is ALL I'll say on this matter with you.

17. Oaz Gems: 29/31

You seem to be really taking this personally. I apologize for offending you, and I regret anything I might have said that offended you.

So I will now say, "Gosh, that's a very strong monster. I hope no DM ever uses that. Against me."

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Skip Williams or not, the creator made a confusing, brutally overpowered monster I would never wish to see in any campaign. No offence ment...

19. Shadow Cougar Banned

Hmm...you people really think that it is "that powerful" ? o.O

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.