1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What do you plan for New Year celebration?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by revmaf, Dec 27, 2008.

1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

[​IMG] This is a transparent attempt to gain vicarious satisfaction from other people's fun, since I doubt I'll be having much. I should have Jan. 1 and maybe Jan. 2 off, but no invites to parties and I'm in no mood to throw one myself. I will by default watch college football, I guess.

I'm sure most of you have more interesting things to do . . . so tell us.

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'll be appreciating the fact that another Christmas holiday season is over and I don't have to think about it for another year.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    We're going to Florida to visit with two of my cousins that I haven't seen in over a decade and then leaving the kids with the folks, who will be down there for a couple of months, and going to St. Lucia for a week. SWEET!!!

(So you'll be short a moderator for a while as I have no intention of even looking at a computer while on the island.)

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'm getting back together with my graduating class (it's easy when there's only about 30 of you) for essentially a six-month reunion :grin:

Plus New Years is a perfectly good excuse to get crunk (and no, I don't really talk like that, lol, we just like to use that word around here and laugh at its absurdity). We were buying 'beverages' two weeks in advance, and it took some work to keep a few people from breaking them out early.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  5. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I'm spending mine in Poland, Gdansk to be exact. Me and o couple of friends of mine got cheap flight tickets there and it's allways nice to see how New Year is celebrated in other countries. :p

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] No idea, some of my geeky friends I RP with wanted to do something for New Years... only Alex and I of the group drink at all, and when something is meant to be organised it usually lands on me to do it... so it won't be by the looks of it.

Sal will be going to a friends party he agreed to where he lives.

So I don't know what I'm going to do, my parents always get miserable over New Years so I don't want to be stuck at home.

If I get stuck at uni I have no ID to go anywhere and will be stuck in my room listening to others breaking things and getting trashed.

Hoping to find somewhere I can be soon though :o

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Intoxicate myself stupid. Then maybe delve into some art projects. Or destroy stuff. Or maybe all of the preceding, not necessarely in that order.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  8. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

The usual, booze and fireworks with a few friends, always works.

9. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    I'll be at home, with my brother (parents will be off to some party).

So, like every year - Christmas tree, presents, chocolate figurines, oh and watching fireworks from the terrace. :p

Gaming, most likely. (and avoiding holiday TV programmes)

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I don't know yet. I hope to be laughing at drunks somewhere, but I'm 0 for 2 at finding a place to hang out so far (one cousin has to work, my buddy's hanging out with his gf's friend).

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...considering that I don't have to work this New Year's Eve...I'm planning on getting really, really, really drunk...where that will happen is still up in the air as we haven't decided who's party we're going to. Hell, I've got enough booze at my house to get 20 people drunk, so if all the parties sound lame, we can just stay home! :beer:

12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    If my throat doesn't get better :sick: I will have to stay at home. :nolike: If it does get better, I am going to my sister's along with one of her sons, one of her grandsons (whose parents aren't there, leaving the boy to be spoiled by his uncles:evil:) and modest amounts of booze and fireworks.

13. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    End up in hospital having to get my stomach pumped due to excess of alcohol consumption. All's well that ends well.

14. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I don't have any plans.

But what I do have is two half-liter bottles of 40% vodka, and a third of a gallon in 40% booze overall.

... so I'll probably just stay sober and miserable, playing TF2.

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

well, If I don't find a party or a place to hang out, the one channel has a Three Stooges Matathon that night, so I will at least have something to watch...

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Well, I just changed my plans. I was going to go skiing with friends, but now I am going to destroy BoM while dmc is gone.

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I'm invited to Bonn, and we'll have a nice little party with friends and a few colleagues. We'll get reasonably drunk (my goal anyway) and watch the probably spectacular fireworks over the Rhine, conveniently from a strategically well positioned balcony.

18. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    The New Year celebration is a great time for socializing. :beer: (I couldn't find the Champagne smiley).

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I think I'm planning to have good nice flu, just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...

There might be my soon-to-be brother-in-law's bachelor party, but so far I don't even know if there's any plans for that...

...but I'm still going to be sick, whether it'll be the flu or omething else, don't know, don't care...

20. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I'm going to a small party. I'll probably get moderately drunk, then take mom shopping the next day, after I sober up...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.