1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What do you do on Christmas Day?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blog, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Man, some of you people have some odd Christmas traditions. Can't believe some of you open presents on Christmas Eve. How impatient! Santa hasn't even arrived by then, so how can you even have any presents to open??

2. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I'll spend Christmas with the family I suppose, and hear them talking through the same stuff as they have done for the past ten years. :rolleyes:

3. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

We don't really celebrate christmas...so nothing much? This year I'm waiting to shop on Boxing Day! :D Cheap cheap stuff~! :spin:

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Dad likes the family home Christmas day, so we don't go out. Last year, Mom, Grandma and I even skipped Church for this. Some years we do have some company though, but we don't require anyone to give up their Christmas with their family for us. The last couple years I would crash at my uncle's place that night and go to Future shop on Boxing day, but I don't know how my money will be...

5. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I will sleep and sleep and sleep and then get some sleep. I'll totally ignore everything else.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have Catholic friends and when they were growing up Santa would always come while they were out at Christmas Eve mass. They have quite amusing stories about the excuses they were given every year as to why one of their parents had to run back into the house after they were all in the car ready to leave for mass. :lol:

7. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Actually, there is a tradition in Sweden for that too. Someone, usually an uncle or a neighbour...

***SEVERE SPOILER BELOW***

...dresses up as Santa (or as he is called here, Jultomten), and knocks on the door, comes in, asks if there is any kids who have been nice throughout the year in the house. Then he proceeds to hand out presents, one by one, to everyone who is there. A really magic moment for the children.

Beat that!

8. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, due to my distance from my family, I spend Christmas day driving several hours, weather permitting. I work Christmas Eve every year so I can't leave till Christmas morning.

Not as dreary as it sounds: little traffic before noon, so I make good time, listening to Christmas CD's on the way.

Once I get there, there's food (of course!) and some presents to open with family.

BTW our tradition has always been to open presents Christmas morning, but I know lots of people who open all wrapped gifts Christmas Eve, with only little kids getting a visit from Santa that night to leave some unwrapped gifts with stockings.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What?! Santa doesn't wrap presents? Lazy old sod.

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It is kind of funny really - when my brother and I reached our late teens Santa stopped filling stockings for just us - and expanded to filling stockings for my parents, grandparents, my Uncle, and the dog too. It is really quite fun actually - invariably the stockings have all kinds of neat inexpensive things in them.

For some reason my brother and my unwrapped Santa presents under the tree continued though. This year is actually going to be the first year without that - my brother's request for the ever unlocatable Nintendo Wii being largely to blame.

11. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

JSBB, grownups - loose term - in my family get stockings, too, and I like mine every year. Lots of little doodads plus a few things I really, really need, nothing expensive, though there is no longer the orange in the toe of the stocking that was there when I was a kid.

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I visit the Grandperants and have a huge Christmas lunch (After all the preasents have been opened of course :) )

13. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Sleep, get woken up by my sisters so I can eat, go back to sleep...

Christmas is just another day to me, nothing special...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.