1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What do you collect?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by martaug, Jul 5, 2009.

1. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What strange, unusual or just plain normal things do you collect?
    For me(other than firearms) it's flashlights, i must have over 200 of them. Little 1 led keychain lights to several 3,000+ lumen monsters.
    Everything from xenon to led.
    If it generates a light, i want it. Even if it makes a light i can't see, this explains the ultraviolet & infrared flashlights.
    This includes lasers, got red, green & even a blue laser.

So what are your strange collections?

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I collect call. :p :shake: :p

Seriously though, I used to collect swords, daggers, and knives...but it started getting really expensive, so I stopped several years ago. I only have a handfull left.

I also have a small collection of shot glasses.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Books, I'm a little bit of a bibliophile..

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Dustdragons, but I recently evicted my entire collection. It felt a bit sad.

5. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I collect movies. I think I must have at least 500, from about 50 different countries.

I also have a keen interest in beer glasses. I'm like a little kid when I see that a case of beer comes with a glass. I'll buy it even if I don't like that brand of beer... :lol:

6. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    I collect music, usually specific rare genres that are hard to come by. Usually have enough of any particular kind to be able to DJ it if there is demand, and there nearly always isnt.

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Shoes and handbags! I have a wardrobe full of them! I also collect books, I pick a series and buy them until I have all of them. I'm currently going through the Dragonlance books but this is an ongoing thing seeing as it seems never-ending!

8. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Fantasy books here. can`t get enough of them. I think I have around 150 of them in my overflowing shelves. got about 30 I haven`t read yet. I buy faster than I can read, I`m afraid.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I collect gold sent to me by friends ... I also collect money from all countries, preferable large bills, unmarked.

I'm always looking for donations.....

10. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    T2, what's your home adress and... uh... do you have a security system?

11. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Computer games, even if I hate the game or think its a waste I refuse to part exchange, sell or throw it out.

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I didn't say I kept them Triactus.

13. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Collecting money are we T2? I got a couple of wooden nickles i could sell ya...

I have collected Swords for over 25 yrs. I have a nice Glamdring, but my favorite is a custom-made Katana. Cost me a pretty penny. I was loaded enough in my college days to take it outside and cut thru a few saplings with it, ripped cleanly thru a 5 inch diameter sapling. Nice edge on that one. Happened to get my friend in the foot also, but he had boots on, so he only got 5 stitches. I would ask BILL to get me a Hatouri Hanzou blade, but someone KILLED him....:p

I also collect sci-fi fantasy literature and gaming books. I have the complete 2nd edition of the Forgotten Realms collected, as well as just about all of the 3rd Edition content. My paperback collection almost fills 2 walls in my basement.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  14. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I collect spores, molds and fungus.

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Books (specifically Fantasy or Supernatural) and music that has featured in computer games.

I also have a small collection of glass soda bottles. :)

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I can't think of anything that I collect.

17. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Also, I collect bald spots on top of my head. Currently, i am sporting a gigantic one...:p

18. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Stones - got a small collection of nice ones. Also, I guess Queen CDs count. I have all of them (except Hot Space, Flash Gordon and the compilations), but that was unintentional.

I'm sure my books don't really count...I'm not actively looking to expand them for the sake of collecting. Hmm, I do have Hellsing volumes 1 - 8, and I think that's sufficiently rare (and expensive) to be considered a collection.

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Warhammer, of the 40K type. I've quite a few books, but, like DM, I wouldn't really count them as something I'm collecting; just something that keeps building up.

Nataraja likes this.
  20. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    I wish I still collected 40k, had an awesome Space Wolves army and a decent Dark Eldar one. Theyre long gone now, and I sometimes miss them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.