1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by reepnorp, Dec 26, 2002.

1. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Come on, tell us all what you got! Myself, I got a Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey, the Onslaught Fat Pack, Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, a 3-D Clock Puzzle, a wallet, a Leafs calendar, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

So lets all share with th Christmas spirit, and tell everyone what we got.

2. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

New book, Fellowship of the Ring limited edition box set, Action Replay v.2 cheat code thingy, a proper swiss army knife, CD player, bar'o'chocolate, jumper, shirt, gloves (with a tough external layer, perfect for snowball fights ((if only we had snow)))

Cool stuff, especially the knife, so many times Ive needed one, and I have to resort to sitting there tearing at some kind of packaging, or trying to use a stupid bottle opener which doesn't even fit the bottle (true story)

Life is good....unfortunatly, with Christmas gone, college comes all the closer. Hopefully I can get nicely slaughtered, slammered, wrecked and several other terms of drunkeness which I currently can't remember, come this New Year.

Merry christmas and happy new years all round, y'all! :D

3. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Calenders, Divine Comdey and Jools Holland CDs, £50, Futurama series 2, Dune collecter's edition DVD, Spider Man, A Beautiful Mind, The Green Mile, a hand-painted portrait of two of my guinea pigs, a sweet ass fleece, a mini katana, a mini longsword, mucho chocolate, and a jumper from Fat Face (the second greatest and most expensive shop ever).

I bought a certain lady a necklace, which she apparently liked, but it resulted in a flock of other ladies beating me up for being a weak male. :D

4. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

a hand painted portrait of your guinea pigs??!!!

I got:
    an epson printer,
    a painting of my daughter made by my sister,
    8 oz of fine chinese teas,
    a crystal choker,
    a telephone,
    a sweater and I bought myself a .5 oz bottle of Coco Chanel parfum.

[ December 26, 2002, 20:26: Message edited by: scarampella ]

5. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Let's see what did I receive:
    Two pair of jeans
    A new flashlight (my old one was stolen/lost so my ground team gear was incomplete until recently)
    A pullover
    A really cool Thermus
    A sort of piece of artwork my sister made for me that says "Atreides" only she used real pieces of cut copper to form the words
    A portable CD player (I don't get in to the MP3 player thing)
    A couple of displayable weapons (a dirk and a small knife complete with stands!)
    Mech Assault (sort of)
    Allied Assault: Spearhead (sort of)

6. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

The most notable gifts are:
    The Lord of the Rings: The Making of the Movie Trilogy. Collector's Hardback Edition.
    A Enterprise calender for next year.
    Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger.
    And ADSL in a few months.

[ December 26, 2002, 19:39: Message edited by: Silverblade ]

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I got money mainly but one wonderful present worth mentioning is the Röyksopp cd. I got it from a person you wouldn't expect to give great presents: my brother :D

Got lots of candy too and some weird face cloths in the shape of frogs.

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I got IWD2 (finally :D )
    and Operation Flashpoint Game of The Year edition (because a *friend* lots my normal edition cds, damm him!)
    Loooooooooooooads of chocolate *yummy chocolate*

9. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Let's see... I got
    a digital camera
    IWD2 (Finally!)
    Fellowship of the ring DVD
    Star Wars episode 2: Attack of the Clones
    and much more!

10. Mortensen Banned

[​IMG] You probably don't want to know as they're boring but I got:
    1. Tiami perfume
    2. Fendi perfume
    3. Underwear
    4. Slipper socks x2
    5. Silky nightie
    6. Necklace with a sword on
    7. a cuddly sheep

It's official. I've turned into an old granny at the grand old age of 19. Help!

11. Herf Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I got me a hand-made knitted Willy Warmer from my girlfriend :D For real!

On the more serious, yet still just as real side, I got a small colour TV, a graphics card that doesn't work, IWD2 and a portable CD player.

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I got so much brilliant stuff I couldn't list it all.

From my mother I got a GBA. Froem her b/f I got a couple of Discworld Novels. From my Grandma and Grandad Ken I got a bottle of sherry. From my Grandma and Grandad King I got money. From Aunty Tanya I got money and other things. From Aunty Jackie and Clive I got dolls house funiture (I'm a collector.) From Uncle Pongo, Cathy, Cousin Patricia and Cousin George I got some cool things.

And everyone just got me loads of cool stuff, Hopefully they like their stuff as much as I like mine. I wasn't expecting hal of what I got!

13. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I downloaded myself a few songs off the 'net. Does that count?

14. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I recieved:

1 button shirt
    2 pounds of insence
    3 boxes of chocolate
    4 packages of socks
    and
    5 gift certificates

15. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    $150 bucks(which I will use for a new dvd player) LotR extended dvd, Spiderman collectors set dvd, two long sleeve tees, and a bottle of Absolut Mandrin :)

16. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i am not Christian but on that night, my father gave me a carton of Marlboro Menthol, doesn't this count?

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

teekc, that's the perfect gift for a non-christian ... its hot, smells like smoke, and burns for a LONG time ;) :holy: (just teasing you!!!!)

I got:
    a SUPERMAN lunchbox
    a photo album with pictures of my daughter in it
    a few books (see Booknotes)
    2 pairs of pajama bottoms
    a few shirts
    a rock-climbing watch

Honestly, I like what I gave much more than what I got. We should do a thread on "stuff you gave this year" and talk about how generous we all are ;)

18. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

In terms of interesting stuff:

PC
    Icewind Dale II
    Divine Divinity
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles
    Elder Scrolls: Morrowind - Tribunal

PS2
    Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Plus a few items of clothing, Despair, Inc.'s 2003 Demotivators calendar, some Demotivator cards(check them both out at their website), cologne, and candy.

19. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I got a toiletbook (poems, jokes and stuff you read when you XXX), Merrick book, money, clothes, makeup, new graphic card (needed one), ticket to the two towers movie, some more ****.
    :D
    Though I am VERY dissappointed. No games AT ALL.

20. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I got a couple of books,
    A Blackmore's Night CD: Fires at Midnight
    A Medieval Babes CD: Undrentide
    A GameCube
    007 Nightfire for GC
    Crimson Skies (Finally)
    Homeworld: Cataclysm
    A Bass Pro Shop gift card
    Assorted Clothing
    And some money

So all in all, it was a pretty good year.
    :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.