1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What class are you going to play first?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Marceror, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm thinking that I'll take an Eldritch Knight through the game my first time through. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find a strong healer, rogue, and either a fighter or a bard to round out my party.

I'm also interested in trying out the Warlock, but I think I'll save that for a subsequent playthrough, expansion, or a mod.

What classes do the rest of you plan to take your first time through the game?

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Probably some sort of Cleric - to see how the Domains / Dieties are implemented.

3. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I played a fighter/thief in BGs, IWDs and NWN so I want to put the plural in NWN too.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Play? What's this about playing? No time for playing - going to be diving straight into the toolset.

Might do a quick run through with a fighter or a cleric just to see how things are done by the professionals, but that depends on how much spare time I have.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Harbourboy - I thought the same thing. I'd like to see how Clerics are implemented too. Plus I like my char to possess Healing capability, that's true for BGs IWDs and just about any RPG there is. Also in the original NWN leaving such an important task as healing to NPCs was a BAD IDEA.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I also find clerics to generally be the most versatile / consistently powerful class, so most likely to be able to handle the variety of situations that might arise in a NEW game you have never played before. But mostly I want to check out the cleric customisation options.

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well it has been a long time since I have read any D&D material, but I suspect there is little customisation for clerics beyond, his God, his domains, and his choice between spontaneous Healing/Harm (For neutral clerics). Did I forgot something?

Then we think the same way, this is way I consider that in both BGs the Fighter / Cleric is the most versatile build.

8. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I agree with this where NWN1 is concerned. However, since you'll be able to control any party member at will in NWN2, and choose which spells they put in their matrix, I'm expecting this issue to be resolved.

I would generally agree with the logic that clerics are among the most versatile class-- tanking ability, great spell selection, incredible healer, decent in melee (downright deadly with the right spells). But I've played so dern many clerics that I don't think I'll use this my first time through-- I'm sure I'll try one in NWN2 eventually though.

9. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I also plan on playing as a cleric.....a drow one for sure. I'm thinking of either a cleric of Lurue or Selune...I'm not sure which one

10. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'll probably play a Sorcerer, it's what I'm used to and what I like to play in games, although I may decide to be different and go for a Druid. :)

11. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I nearly always play Wizards, but I lately I have been in a Barbarian/Cleric mood (or Shamans as I like to call them :D ) so I expect thats probably the first type of character I will play.

12. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I'll probably end up playing a Paladin in my first time. I used a Paladin the first time I beat NWN, BG and BGII so it has bcome something of a tradition.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'll probably check out the new warlock class.

14. Niemroth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

First I play a rogue in NWN 2. I'll like using stealth, traps, sneak-attacks and the talk-skills (bluff etc.).

15. Harbourboy

I'll probably play some sort of entrepeneurial merchant class so I can earn enough money to buy the game in the first place and then to buy a powerful enough computer on which to play it in the first place. :(

16. Marceror

Media:
    It truly agonizes me to say this HB, but I think there may be a flaw, perhaps two, in the sequence of events laid out in what is otherwise a solid, highly progressive procurement strategy.

I can't quite put my finger on exactly where the breakdown occurs, but it's there--spidy-sense doth tingle.

17. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A deep gnome rogue/cleric of Mask.

18. Harbourboy

Marceror, I suppose I could buy the supercomputer first, but it's only marginally relevant as there is nothing else I need a supercomputer for, other than to play NWN2. At least if I got NWN2 first, then I could possibly have enough processing power now to download the readme.txt file and marvel over the courier-fonted delights (like late enhancements not in the manual!) contained therein.

19. Spliff Krieger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I'll probably be playing NWN2 on a LAN with friends again, so I can leave the healing to friends and I can roll a sorceror...

For a solo campaign I also choose for the cleric cos the NPC's don't know how to heal sadly...

20. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

First things first I'm going to play a straight Wizard...then I'm going to play a Cleric...then I'm going to play a Rogue/Assassin/Shadowdancer...then I'm going to get down to serious character building after someone releases a good leveler on NWVault...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.