1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What can you do for Mourns-for-Trees?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Sprite, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Someone suggested, in another thread, that you can help Mourns-for-Trees by taking him the Decanter of Endless Water before freeing Ignus. Well, I tried this and didn't get a dialogue option to do so (yes, I had already learned the activation word). Can you indeed somehow help him with his trees, and if so, how?

2. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

Tell your party members to want the trees to do well. If you have enough party members who do that, then Mourns-For-Trees will report the trees are doing better the next time you ask about them.
    This can't be accomplished early on in the game because you don't have enough party members.

3. total Guest

What do you need for this? WIS, INT, CHA? I played Fighter so I didnt make it, but than i raised everithing, but it wes too late, so i'm thinking about taking tatoos (on 2nd run)

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

First *you* have to agree with Mourns that the fact trees are dying is a sad thing. Then you can say to him that you'll help him and earn XP500.

Now you can ask Morte to promise the same thing (no stats important).
    Dak'kon will also do it without questioning your stats.

But Annah won't help him if your CHR is low. Use Friends spell if your CHR needs boost.

That should finish this "quest".

A side notes:
    You can't ask from Ignus to help Mourns, but you can ask it from Nordom. Be aware that if you haven't patched the game, Nordom's dialog with Mourns will turn into unbreakable loop.

5. total Guest

[​IMG] I wont question your knowlege, i played that a long time ago and i remember i saved and reloaded few times and didnt make it. But yes, i tried it now with more wise and int. character (magelike), and made it?!? Btw. what number is the latest version?

6. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

There is only one patch, v1.1.

7. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

I think Morte is lying the first time he agrees. If you have sufficient wisdom(?), you get a dialog option that says something to the effect of "Come on, Morte, I'm serious." After that, Morte agrees for real. If your wisdom(?) is too low, you don't notice that Morte wasn't serious the first time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.