1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What begins in anger... ends in shame

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Yerril, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The other day I had 20 seconds of a maths exam left, and I was in the middle of working out a percentage error sum. Under great stress and with utmost speed, I jabbed the numbers into my calculator, and pressed "=". The screen showed "Syntax Error". Three seconds later, I ran out of time.

Suddenly enranged, I screamed "YOU WORTHLESS BASTARD!!" at the poor little machine, and mashed my fist into its screen several times. By the time I had calmed down, the screen was shattered.

I instantly felt a great wash of regret. I had had that little guy since year 9, he had served me well. I can't tell you the number of times he came up with exact answer to a complex problem, and he and I celebrated. He never did anything to harm me, and with one mistake, over one little mark, I went and killed him. Poor little guy. I feel terrible.

OK, maybe a little stupid.

BUT, have you ever been so angry you've done something you've regretted ever since?

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I don't know about "ever since", but when I was single and dating, and found out that it wasn't going to work out with one girl in particular, I entered an empty classroom at my university, kicked the tar out of an innocent table, and ate a piece of chalk. Now, I don't know about a lifelong regret, but I definitely have a lifelong aversion to even the sight of chalk -- it's a good thing that the school I teach at uses whiteboards!

[ February 20, 2003, 06:22: Message edited by: Depaara ]

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well once I had a really bad day, (we're talking little to no sleep due to sickness, people constantly b!tching down on you and getting kicked in the nuts to boot.) and while I was cooking dinner for the family (which I actually didn't have time for, but did it anyway because they asked me to) my mom came to me whining about some stuff. I shrugged the matter off, but she decided to push it. Frustrated, I hit my fist firmly against the wall in a very powerfull blow (Skin hanging off, hand bruised for 2 weeks, and that's with martial training :D ) and that scared my mom a lot. Not that I'd hit her, but my brother has some problems concerning rage, and she was afraid I was becoming the same.

Still regret it to this day. Other than that, I've always held back on my rage and only let it out when it was needed. And put my rage to good use when needed of course :evil:

[ February 20, 2003, 10:12: Message edited by: Faragon ]

4. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I was VERY angry with my girlfriend (ex now). I was on the phone arguing. I punched a concrete wall when I blew up. The wall didn't regret it but my hand did for a whole week.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

LMAO! Yerril, that is hillarious. I mourn for your calculator :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I got 4.4 over 5 on oral notes.With 4.5 i could get high honor.After school i came home and punched and kicked everything in my way then i kicked but cupboard and BROKE it.
    I was really sorry after that event.

7. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I had a problem with my temper when I was a kid, so I can probably remember around a hundred different incredibly embarrasing events from those times. Since when I grew up a bit I learned to quench that anger to the point where I only felt an incredible pressure of bloodflow in my head. Now I just don't care about anything enough to get angered. And when I do, it's extremely rare that I should lose my temper so completely that it shows outside as something more than mere frustration. I've never been violent though, so luckily I've been able to take my own temper in a humouristic manner making the bearing of it easier. Yet, I swear I would bash the screen of my monitor in ever once in a while if I could afford it. ;)

You need to lose your temper every now and then though. Not only is it a good reminder of how inability to control yourself even in emotionally involving situations. Also, it's genuinely good to you to let the steams out every now and then. I have a friend that, even though I think is a good guy, doesn't realise that he shouldn't undermine and fight back on people when they lose their nerves, but let them have their ranting so they cool off. Adding fuel to the fire will not help any. What's interesting is that he himself has a bad temper, and a habit of whining about just about everything. And he doesn't seem to realise that I don't interrupt him when he does that. Only when it gets either dangerous physically, or then too daring and insulting, should one interrupt in another's rantings.

8. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Let's see, I once punched my car and dented it. Hand swelled up for like a week. :lol:

9. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Completely smashed my ship model i was making.
    :rolleyes: adsolutely hopless :rolleyes:

But seeing what i done really calmed me down.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.