1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What are your hobbies?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I have a few. My newest hobby is custom PC building/modding. Right now I'm making an uber-powerfull gamming machine for my self, and a nicely equipped home theater PC that looks like a bunch of books stacked together, for my sister. I'm starting to think that a career making and selling custom made PCs isn't that much of a bad idea. (By the way, if you're in to custom making/modding PCs, PM me, I'd like to talk to others that are doing the same thing that I am.)

Next to that is woodworking. I'm not talking about the cruddy pine birdhouse you made in scouts or family camp; I'm talking about one-of-a-kind oak fireplaces, kitchen cabinets/cupboards, entertainment centers, and other projects like that. I became so good at woodworking, my instructor would let me skip my other classes so I could work on whatever I was making at the time...all I had to do is help the other students that needed some help, so they didn't bother our instructor from...kicking back in his office.

A few years ago, I was really in to building and launching model rockets...that's faded a bit since I moved up to Utah, but I still have all my rockets that didn't get destroyed during the move.

And before that, and to this day, is collecting swords, daggers, and any other medieval/fantasy weaponry

How about you? Don't hold back, tell me of your current, past, and possibly future hobbies. :rolling:

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Isn't there another thread wandering around lost somewhere about hobbies? Othe than the 'Uncommon Hobbies' one that is.

Here's mine anyway:
    * Collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards (got a bit over 1000 so far) and buying the DVD's of the series
    * Collecting movies, not just watching them, I have a little over 420 so far on video and only a few crap ones which I've yet to tape over
    * Buying and buliding the Zoids model kits

The rest are the usual ones like reading and playing Playstation (haven't got a PS2 yet or anything as advanced as a home PC)

3. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Let's see...

I listen to music all day. I play guitar a lot. I take on a lot of projects which are way over my head. Like rebuilding my dirtbike engine. This week it's installing a stereo in my truck. I collect bootlegged version of mature cartoons (not that Japanese erotitoon stuff, I'm talking Simpsons, Futurama, and Family Guy) on my computer. I've got a couple hundred episodes (which is good considering I have dial-up). Ooooooh. I also play bass. Ummm... I like riding my dirtbike and streetbike. That's about it.

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Beside gaming? Only kick-boxing, school, writing, iSurfing, and chit-chatting on boards like this. :p

5. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Chinese boardgame 'Go'.

Jogging the moment my ankle heals. Probably back to gym and swimming then too.

Amateur graphics artist (general sketches, comics, Photoshop, ComicWorks, etc).

Computergames (roleplaying ones mainly).

And as an extra, general life's philosophy. I know I know, this is normal. To me however it used to be a very big thing until a few years ago. Now I've gone back to pondering about the meaning of everything and trying to improve myself as a person and as a part of this world I live in.

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I warned you, Aldazar! You're on the top of my list now... ;)

MoN's Hobbies, some more in My Profile...

7. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Games, basketball, music, eating. That pretty much sums it up :D

Edit: Forgot Satan worship. :evil:

[ July 29, 2004, 17:39: Message edited by: Xei Win Toh ]

8. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I used to, and plan once I get some more free time, to ride a horse, just renting one for the day, and taking a nice through whatever forest or somesuch is nearby - which is (in Holland) quite unusual for men - horse riding is mainly a 'female' activity - I was the only guy in classes, back when I still took them.
    Also, I and friends often throw LANparties and attend the each others LANparties...
    I in fact had a miniLAN (= only 2 ppl) just today,
    got about 2/5ths of my normal sleep the past week
    Furthermore, I like to do judo, and trained twice a week (= 3hrs) but in the past time I've been to busy with school and my new .net connection :D
    :borg:

9. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

English: where do you play, do you play for a team and if; what team?

Swedish: Vart spelar du, I vilken stad och vilket lag?
    Jag spelar i Blackeberg i Sthlm, P88.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Still haven't started fencing yet :xx:

still into Warhammer (Dark Elves)

I make D&D characters for fun when I'm bored and draw them, I like drawing, I'm no good at it but I still like it. I like drawing dragons and fantasy characters mainly.

I also like writing stories, about fantasy and Chirofen mainly, but also about other things as well. Sometimes poems and lyrics for songs as well. I really need a program for that though.

I also design things, just weird things for fantasy mainly - spells, weaponry, creatures, countries, people, clothing, plants. Stuff I think would occur and logically exist in a given area.

I also love my sword collection. Well... 3. Drakora, a B-sword. Orbbjess a longsword and Kuda my very old shortsword. I'd like more, perhaps continue to collect them when I'm older. But I know most people think they are weird and unsafe.

Also playing games and working on my mods for them are quite fun and time consuming.

I also play d&d in the chatroom here sometimes. I play a Drow Cleric. And lucky to be alive :D

11. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I sing and dance, as well as meditate, read books, read tarot cards.

I also enjoy going to sci-fi/fantasy conventions, even though I only go to one per year.

12. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

On the pc, i like, of course, D&D games, Combat Flight Simulator 3 (which my dad kicks my ass in), and i've recently enjoyed the action in both Max Payne games. Max Payne 2 cinema edition (mod) is simply gorgeous on a good pc. I've also dabbled in Final Fantasy XI, Ghost Recon, Day of Defeat, Battlefield 1942, and Warcraft.
    On my consoles im a collector of Rpg's and have every worthwhile rpg for the PSX. I have every Final Fantasy game. I have a Dreamcast for my love of the Street Fighter genre. On my PS2 i like playing GT3, NFS Underground, Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3, F1 Career Challenge (hardest racing game ever...) and MVP Baseball 2004 (I'm playing a 120 year dynasty with the Phillies and their farm teams- a stat lovers dream). I also own all the classics like FF10, Metal Gear's, Castlevania: SotM, Grand Theft's etc.

I also play guitar and enjoy recording music. I own a red Fender Stratocaster and a black Epiphone Les Paul with a DiMarzio Super Distortion II humbucker in the bridge position. I'm left-handed so the Les Paul is a left-handed model and the Strat is a right-hander strung upside down ala Jimi Hendrix. I enjoy bands ranging from the Beatles and Pink Floyd all the way to heavier weirder stuff like Training for Utopia and Zao. I cut my teeth learning Nirvana, Iron Maiden, and Korn back in the mid-90's so i have a variety of influences. I own an all-tube Marshall guitar amplifier which is where it's at for guitar tone and a variety of effects processors. I like dabbling on a Boss drum machine and putting it together with a simple Tascam four-track recorder.

Last but not least, i enjoy autos and racing (real racing like rally, LeMans and Grand Prix, not NASCAR). I own a Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX turbo with all the goodies like exhaust, lowered suspension, and O.Z. rims. I enjoy studying the science and workings of Japanese high-output and F1 engines, but i enjoy seeing the Muscle cars rumble by as well. I love going fast and getting away with all kinds of **** on my local winding roads and highways. I also enjoy seeing women (and of course the "men") struggle around with their uber-sized SUV's and Hummers and then pass their asses when i tire of them blocking the horizon while humming 'Running with the Devil' and spinning 6000 rpm's of screaming air through my manic little motor. The downside is roads suck where i'm from and having your front-end sitting 2 inches off the ground can lead to the occasional scrape..oh well, i wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ladies. Well, no, really. Love talking to ladies and always end up flirting no matter what. Don't know how this happens. They're wonderful creatures and a rich subject of study ;) Oh damn do I love talking to them.

All things computer and internet. Well, not all, but most of it. There are things that don't interest me, but not many of those. Guess there's simply a limit to my geekdom.

Languages. Would learn them for fun.

All things history and civilisation. And I mean it. I could go on for hours about some forgotten cultures and events.

Heraldry and stuff. Oh well...

I also own some collection of coins. Used to collect sea shells and various stones. Eeer, just small pieces of various rock.

What haven't I mentioned?

Perhaps, apart from languages themselves, I seem to be obsessed with spelling, grammar, syntax, punctuation etc. Heck, even proper capitalisation or legal but not elegant use of exclamation marks and question marks. I tend to hate missing quotation marks as well. I don't write letters much, but that's where those things are the most important and that's why I am so serious about letters. Old school letters, I don't believe in the modern messagesque ones.

What else? Fencing.

Roleplaying I don't do much. Just cRPG now. And that would be it.

Apart from all that, I run a small personal site and plan to add another one to the list soon.

14. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Guitar, boxing and body work

15. Alexander the Apostate Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I enjoy rapier, talking to people (sometimes), flirting, and most of all, studying religion, philosophy, and history. I'll spend hours just browsing sites on Nietzsche, the Roman Empire, and existentialism. I can't say why, but that's what I enjoy.

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lots of roleplaying related stuff lately. Playing over the chatroom in freeform or Shadows games, thinking of starting up a The Pool one. Often look at various systems and throw around ideas for original things. Often end up world-building, though all attempts have so far died awful deaths.

Um, I play saxaphone, though it is muchly ignored of late. Doubt that will continue for too much longer however (the ignoring, that is).
    And that's pretty much all I can think of. Gaming has dropped well off my hobby list as my computer doesn't run anything (though miraculously, I still follow game related news). Reading doesn't really count as a hobby, does it?

17. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

D&D, although now I think roleplaying is a little bit boring.

18. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

cRPGs, PS2 RPGs, Robert Jordan novels (just read and read and re-read them), surfing the net and fiddling with any gadgets I can get my hands on...and thats pretty much it.

19. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Occassional chess games, CRPGs and strategy games, drawing, CG paintings, CG modelling and animating, Tai Ji Quan, ancient history.

20. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Guitar mainly (I'm going to study music in september), I used to be quite good at swimming, when I did it three times a week (5seconds into the national time for two hundred metres breastroke, my brothers are both better as they are in the national squad.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.