1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What are the skulls in Dragomir's tomb used for?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    There's a bunch of skulls but where's the rest of the skellies? Are the skulls used for anything or did they just decide not to make a whole skeleton?

2. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    if you mean the 'incomplete skeleton' item, it's just a miscellaneous item put there for flavor.
    As far as i know it does not serve any purpose and is not involved in any quests at all.

Same way as in BG1 you might randomly find skulls on skeletons you kill. Though in the case of bg1, you do need 1 skull to help reverse melicamp's transformation into a chicken.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    ^ That's what the skulls are for in BG1 (although there is an overabundance). The large groups of skeletons that drop their skulls only spawn in High Hedge as far as I can remember.

4. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    There's a few other places the skulls pop up (or have at least in my case) Durlag's tower being the only one i can remember off the top of my head.
    I also seem to recall skulls being placed in some of the alcoves and coffins during your trek through the vale of shaodws in IWD1 that seemingly served no purpose.

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Well yeah, but that's burial grounds and/or old battlefields.

6. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    Well, dragomir's tomb is also a crypt, so the incomplete skeletons make sense there as well.
    Still, i'm not really a fan of the clutter items, i still remember carrying around a ton of useless miscellaneous items because i didn't know if i would find a use for them further down the road.
    Item management is already enough of a hassle as it is unless you cheat in a bag of holding for yourself.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'm not saying it doesn't.

Point was, not every random item has to be a Chekhov's gun. They made skulls for BG1 where they drop in High Hedge from skeletons so that you can save Melicamp. Then someone probably thought, "Hey, there should be some humanoid remains around here, let's throw in some skulls since we already have them in the game." And they did, in pretty much every IE game since, I think. Kinda like dead cats—you need one in BG1, but the ones in IWD series are useless from what I remember, aside from the odd comment about you carrying around dead cats.

Also, you have bottomless containers all over the place, you're just too obsessive to leave anything lying around. The only pain in the arse to manage are consumables. :D

8. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    What can i say, i'm a packrat when it comes to rpg's. If there's a remote chance i can use an item later or sell it for osme gold, i'm bringing it with me.
    I realize the Enhanced editions added in the potion/scroll/gem bags, and even without them i could use containers to place/stash my items, but i still find that a hassle.
    Especially when you are playing solo, and you only get the 20 slots to put items in. Nowadays one of the first things i do is simply cheat in a bag of holding right away, so i don't have to juggle around and stash away items.

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I can feel ya. It's the main reason why my NPC brings a bag of holding with him (or gives it to you as a reward if you don't want him).

Still, I've become fairly adept at utilizing containers all over the map for long-term storage.

10. magisensei Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The skulls are for your collection - your a Bhaal child and you collect skulls for your mantle piece. ;) My PC when she got her first Bhaal spawn power suddenly felt the urge to collect skulls - she's got quiet the collection now. And with a bag of holding now she can bring it everywhere with her instead of storing it someplace else. She displays it once in awhile and takes it out of the bag and even dusts it once in a while. :eek: And late at night she speaks to them and they tell her secrets. Be careful what you learn. :)

Taluntain likes this.
  11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    ... and that's how the pillar of skulls came to be.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.