1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What about after the ending?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Lord Ryan the Inquisitive, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Lord Ryan the Inquisitive Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Okay, so we have a LONG and OLD string about TNO's identity before the game's beginning, who he was and what he did.
    So, what happens to him afterwards? In my game, he joined with his mortality, and then died and went to the war.
    So, but what happens to him after that? Is that his final place? I never fully understood that, and kinda felt cheated by the ending. What happens to him after the war?
    Obviously, the war never ends, but..
    Does he finally die? Does he meet up again with Fall-From-Grace?
    And, what happens to the characters after he leaves them? Where does Morte end up?
    Is there any fan fiction or anything from the makers of the game that covers this?

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Read my tagline to find out about FFG :love: .

After the events that end PST (however you resolve it), TNO goes off to fight in the Blood War to atone for the past sins of his incarnations.

Generally speaking, it is impossible to get out of the Blood War. After joining with his mortality, though, TNO is going to be a being of deific power so he might survive it. What happens from then on is up for debate.

Grace specifically states that she'll seek you out (although we all know what really happens to her ;) ).

There's nothing from the designers, but there might be some fan fiction. Maybe something in the CS forums?

3. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

From what I recall, from my very bad memory, wasn't he totally destroyed?

4. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

5. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Like, what really happened to Fall-From-Grace?
    And why don't we restart the thread? :D

6. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Because Tal would ban and/or kill us all for digging up such an old thread. :D Don't think I haven't feeled the urge to do so, but my survival instinct is still stronger.

7. Rubel Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hmm, I always supposed that my ascended character from BG2 met up with FFG and post-HotU Aribeth, tracked down TNO deep in the Blood War, and returned to the Smoldering Corpse for beers.

8. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I got really dissapointed over the endind, and at the same time I loved it. :/

Yes it was a fantastic ending. And it was sad, I love sad endings. Endings where everyones happy and so on makes me sick. Its been used to much.

But this time, in this game. I whanted to know so much more. Like in BG2:ToB where you got to read what happend to everyone afterwards.

What I REALLY hated was about Annah. I kissed her in Ravels maze and never before has love been written so good as it was in PS. So, I kissed her but then what?? Nothing more threw the entire game, in the final scene still nothing.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

You never got that "Annah's jerkin begins to steam as her tail wraps around your leg..." dialogue?

10. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yes but comon, a warm body is just cosy

11. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

Not cosy. Subtle.

12. Rubel Gems: 3/31

Poor Annah. Talk about unlucky in love.

13. The Netherlord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Quote:
    From what I recall, from my very bad memory, wasn't he totally destroyed?

That is only if you chose to destroy your mortality. If you decided to reunite yourself with it, you get to go to the blood war for an eternity of promoting suffering and evil, as well as kill other demons in the bloodwar.

14. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

@ The Netherlord, nope all the endings lead to the Blood War.

*Spoiler*

Well all except a slight glitch where I was able to avoid it, I clicked in one of the latter dialogues (with my resurrected companions) and somehow I made TNO walk away and we were all just standing there and nothing could happen. Strange glitch lol.

15. Varied Sundries Gems: 3/31

The Blood War isn't about promoting evil and suffering, that's just a side effect.

Face it. The Nameless One's crimes are so great that he deserves the punishment. While we don't know what his original crime was, we do know that each time he died, someone across the planes was sacrificed to keep his mortality alive. The man is a mass murderer, whether he likes it or not.

I know that we're all attached, but the fact of the matter is that The Nameless One becomes quite powerful after merging with The Transcendent One. Such a powerful being would have nothing left to do, there would be no "game" to speak of. What else would there be left to accomplish? He's off to the Blood War, to hack and slash through scores of tana'ari. I'm assuming he's on the baatezu side because of the nature of his banishment to hell. It's like a contract put on hold, and then fulfilled. And who, out of the devilkin, are particularly fond of contracts? Although, since he is so damn omnipotent, he may just be down there to lay the smack down on ALL fiends, hoping to find his way out. Who knows?

My feeling is that he'll be there for a long time.

16. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] FFG dies in a catfight wit Viconia when they meet near Baldurs Gate. Grace wakes up in the bloodwar finding out TNO has a new girlfriend.
    Annah! She has died in a gangwar and because of her evil ways she ended up in the Bloodwar striding by TNO's side...

17. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] /me raises an eyebrow in ponder

And your source?

18. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Yeah I'm sure Viconia has told my caracter that in the time between BG1 and BG2 she had killed a succubus with the name Fall From Grace.

Ans Annah, well since the high temperuture of the bloodwar her bodyheath was not such a problem anymore so she could finally love again... She told me that by e-mail

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.