1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

"Welcome to Slovakia"

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Extremist, Jun 18, 2001.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Is it true?
    Is it possible?
    I can't believe that the most loved President on this planet thought that Slovenia and Slovakia are the same thing...

Tal, were you the one that carried the transparent with sentence from the title? ;)
    Btw, I've read that Laura was amazed with Bled - which means they'll visit you pretty soon again... I'm jealous! :p

Sorry, I just had to gloat a bit... :D
    Not because of you Tal, but because of the voters...LOL

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 07, 2001).]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Extremist, I won't go into the proverbial stupidity of Americans (present party excluded, of course), but Bush is also known to be a total idiot when it comes to geography. (Oh, if it were only that, heh.)

Anyway, here's an interesting map I've come across recently:
    http://www.xerph.com/pics/america_big.gif

Says it all, doesn't it? :p

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited June 18, 2001).]

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Okay, so what's your point? We "stupid" Americans have lots of credentials to set us apart as the "cream of the crop!" ;)

None come to mind now . . . but I'm sure that there are a few. :D :rolleyes:

BTW - Commies are BAD, and there are Dragons over there! :p

[This message has been edited by Mathetais (edited June 18, 2001).]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Please no one take that as an insult, it wasn't meant that way.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited June 18, 2001).]

5. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

What a nice map. Very accurate. They kind of f*cked up scandinavia though, but I'll forgive them for that.

6. Avooch Dar Guest

President Bush is a moron.
    This man does not need to have the responsibility of the most powerful man in the world. He is a nutter. God almighty i am surprised he let that murderer die he is sooooo right wing he is almost Stalin and Hitler's love child!

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] That map is classic!!!!! I am ROTFLMAO!!!! :D

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't get it... What's so funny about that map? Isn't that the way the world geography is?

9. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

On the other hand, at least it appears that Bush has a little bit of backbone and morality compared to our last president.

In case you're thinking that Clinton's flagrant unfaithfulness is what upsets me, you're right. But that's not what bothers me the most. I just don't understand how we can let a man represent our country who lied under oath. I can't place any trust or respect in such dishonesty, and I don't see why any other country would feel comfortable dealing with Clinton after that. But enough of that.

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

LOL....well, BTA, that's the way I learned it in school. Though I think Australia falls on that map by some name or another on a real American map o the world. Now that's cute and all, but I'd like to see a European map of the world. I'm sure it would put our egotistic view of the world to shame :D

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    nah Crawl we extremely eduacated europeans know exactly how the world looks ;).
    But i loved that map. The only sad thing is that it seems like many americans thinks the world something like that. And they have the strongest army in the world and shitloads of nuclearmissiles =/

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Upon more sober reflection, I do take offense at that map! It is a complete misrepresentation of the way America views the world!!!!

Come on! We all know that that little island-like thingy in the lower right hand labeled "Other Stuff Here" is where Crocodile Dundee & Survivor come from! :D The land is called "Fosters" The national motto is "G'Day Mate!"

(See, we Americans ain't all dad stupid! :p)

13. Avooch Dar Guest

On behalf of Chris moyles.....shut up!!!!!!!

14. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Fun thread!

A couple of years back when NATO bombed Yugoslavia, several americans (who else :D) canceled their holiday-trips to Norway because they thought we were a neighbour of Albania!

LOL!

15. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

A fun thread indeed! And all you americans out there don't be so offended. ;)

[This message has been edited by Vicsun (edited June 20, 2001).]

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Vicsun - we American's would be offended, if we could only figure out what everyone else is laughing at!?! :confused: :p

17. Dragonsnake Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

At "vital" interests of USA in Kosovo, perhaps?

18. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

Damn. Another one of them with sense of humor. Where are all those americans from the other msg Boards which are very patriotic and start swearing when something like that is posted?!? :p

19. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Vicsun, whatever gave you the idea that to be patriotic means we must swear at people who poke fun? (Oh wait... those other message boards...nevermind). I suppose it just goes to prove that the intelligence/maturity level is a bit higher around here. :D

I don't consider myself particularly "patriotic", however I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The thing is, I've never lived anywhere else, so how could I make a fair assessment? Oh well, maybe one day I'll win the lottery, travel around Europe and change my mind. I'll see you when I'm a mega-millionaire! *waves*

20. hooligan_inc Guest

Haha the best American stupidity ever is where they all thought that fott and mouth is a disease where your feet drop off and you lose the power of speech so then they all cancelled their holidays.

Americans rule. (Quite literally as well)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.