1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weird happenings at McDonald's

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Abyssal Knight, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ok, so yesterday me and two of my friends were really hungry so we rode our bikes up to the local McDondalds. When we got there, there was this huge line and we asked an employee what was going on and he said that Tori Hunter (a baseball player for the Minnesota Twins) was inside signing autographs. We had no interest for baseball so we weren't planning on standing in line, but a second later this guy came up to us and asked us if we wanted to make a quick 5 bucks if we would stand in line get some baseballs signed for him since you could only get one autograph per a person. We took up his offer and stood in line and when we all got a baseball signed for him we went outside and he gave us our money. After that we went back inside because we originally only wanted to eat so as we were standing in line to get food Tori Hunter's bodygaurd came up to us and told us that he knew that that guy paid us to get the autographs and he said that they were gonna put him in jail. Since we were "just kids" and didn't know better we didn't get in trouble, but we ditched out of there anyway because we were scared. We never saw anything ever happen to that guy because we left so early, but does anybody know if he could really get in trouble for anything like that or was the bodyguard just trying to scare is into not doing it again? :rolleyes:

[ August 19, 2002, 21:23: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

WEll that is taking advantage of a minor but that was perfectly legal. This is the same as you and your mate getting an autograph each and then selling them to him, no crime in that whatsoever.

3. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

That's what we thought but you can never be sure so I'd thought I would ask you guys. :D

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The bodyguard was BS-ing you, in short.

5. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

The funny thing about the whole deal is that all we really wanted to do was eat. :lol:

[ August 20, 2002, 05:06: Message edited by: Abyssal Knight ]

6. Lady Loulex Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

That was some Mc.Donalds you went to! I'm glad I wasn't you!

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

How Abysmal! (Get it Abbyal Knight :lol: )

Seriously, there is a big ring of autographs going around on E-bay, lots of phonies and other things ...

The next time you go to McDonalds, just stick to the french fries ;)

:good:

8. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

Hey, we ended up getting 20 bucks instead of 15 so we went to Wendys and had a free lunch. We thought it was a pretty good deal. :spin:

9. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

HAha, good use of the money there ;)

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Torii Hunter's security guard just called me about the incident...I gave him your email address and contact information. Expect a call shortly!

Apparently the punishment for this sort of thing is cleaning Torii's shower shoes until they are clean enough to eat from! Have fun! :grin: :spin: :roll:

11. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: you serious bel???!!!

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I thought the :p face at the top of my reply would have clued you in! :rolleyes:

Of course I am kidding! Why would I talk to someone that played for the Twins?!?!? I'm a Phillies Phan! ;)

13. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

You have NO idea how stupid i feel right now... my god i guess i'm just in a gullable mood today. :(

14. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

*Tears coming down cheeks*

My life is at an end and I am to be Tori Hunter's slave for life cleaning his shower shoes. :wail: :bang:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.