1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wedding Music...

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Kitrax, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So...it seems that I have been put in charge for all the music to be played at my fiancé and my wedding. :bad:

We have decided to skip out on the whole DJ idea, so I actually have to go out and find all the bands/songs that we'll be playing at the reception. I've gotten our 'first dance song' already and a few others, but I need help making a list that can fill four or more hours!

Both my fiancé and I are very picky on your music preferences...and certain bands have already been banned from the list. The Carpenters were the first to be banned, and I'm sure more will follow, so keep these bands in mind when making suggestions.

So here's our list of songs that I've gotten so far: (Feel free to make a comment on any song that's on the list too.)

Slow dance songs:
    Agnes Poetries - Leaving
    Josh Groban - Remember when it rained
    Josh Groban - When you say you love me
    Journey - Faithfully
    Journey - Open Arms (first dance song)
    Guns N’ Roses - Patience
    Kenny Logins - Danny’s song
    Def Leppard - When love and hate collide
    Def Leppard - Have you ever needed someone so bad
    Sting - Fields of Gold
    Great White - Save your love

Other (faster) dance Songs:
    The Police - Every little thing She Does Is Magic
    Great White - Once Bitten Twice Shy

Background music:
    Van Halen - Dreams
    Vertical Horizon - Everything you want
    Vertical Horizon - Miracle
    Whitesnake - Is this love
    311 - Love Song
    The Scorpions - Still loving you

*Banned Artists/bands*
    The Carpenters
    Elton John

Currently looking into:
    Billy Joel
    The Beach Boys
    Billy Idol
    Frank Sinatra
    Air Supply

As you can see the list isn't very complete, and some songs are probably in the wrong list...so I need all the help I can get. You'll probably notice that most of the songs listed so far are of the '80s rock genre...I'd like to keep it that way, but anything except for Rap or Country would be expectable. Just remember this is for a wedding...

Thanks guys. :rolling:

[ January 10, 2006, 01:00: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lovesong by The Cure might be an idea

3. Kitrax

Media:
    Actually, we both like the 311 cover of that song. I don't know why I hadden't thought of that one.

I also remembered the 'Fields of Gold' song from Sting.

Any others? :rolling:

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm no help. I just kept the instrumental of Who Wants to Live Forever by Queen going.

80s rock, huh. For faster dancing, AC/DC's Shook Me All Night Long, Billy Idol's White Wedding or Mony, Mony. Meh, anything I recommend is probably on your banned list. :lol:

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ooh, I spent AGES looking into this for our wedding.

I assume you're only talking about the evening music and don't want any assistance with the music to be played at the key moments of the ceremony (that took us even longer to decide on).

In the evening we had:

First dance song: More (theme from Mondo Cane) - Frank Sinatra
    Angel - Robbie Williams
    Can you feel the love tonight? - Elton John
    Thank You - Dido

I also wanted Underneath your clothes by Shakira but somehow it never got played.

The DJ chose most of the rest of the stuff but it was mostly good tunes for getting people up and dancing like The Beatles and Queen etc.

6. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Scorpions could be one of the possible options. Still loving you, No one like you, Born to touch your feelings etc.

7. Kitrax

Media:
    I guess I didn't mention that '90s and current music would be totally acceptable! :thumb: I'd just like to keep the majority of the music to be from the '80s.

Elton John is now added to the banned lists. :nono:

Although I don't really like the Beatles, I'll look into some of their more upbeat dance songs. Queen is on the list to look in to, but there are only a few songs that I know...

One song I've been considering is 'The Smashing Pumkins - Eye' since it has a techno-ish side to it. What do you guys think?

Keep them comming! :rolling:

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Josh Groben, Def Leopard, and GnR. Quite a wide variety, I am the same way. I can't think of any specific songs, but if you like Josh you might like Micheal Crawford for powerful operatic type stuff.

Billy Joel has some nice love songs, but if E John is on the banned list I suppose BJ mihgt be too.

Air Supply's, Making Love Out of Nothing at All is pretty awesome. Hmm, may not be the title of the song exactly.

9. Kitrax

Media:
    Billy Joel is not on the banned list. I'll look in to his stuff too. I saw him on Connan sometime last week...seemed alright.

Gay jokes aside, I just don't like EJ's singing/music style. That 'Come sail away' song ticks me off like no other. :toofar:

But now I really need some upbeat dance songs to get people on the dance floor and shake their stuff. At this point there are over 10 women who are on the invite list that are just super-hot! So I might play the theme song to 'A night at the Roxbury' to get some "serious a$$ grabbing" going on. :lol: :shake:

I've now added a list of "looking into". Bands listed here might stay there for awhile as the library takes some time to get me the requested CDs.

So thanks guys for all the recommendations so far, but please, keep them coming! :thumb: :rolling:

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"December 1963 (O What a Night)" by the Four Seasons is usually pretty good for getting people up to dance.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Ehh, well, seem like my suggestions pretty much were already in the list. I'll get back to thinking.

[ January 10, 2006, 02:53: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

12. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Underneath Your Clothes - Shakira
    Forever Love - Gary Barlow
    Just The Way You Are - Billy Joel
    Somebody - Depeche Mode
    I Just Wanna Stop - Gino Vanelli
    What Matters Most - Kenny Rankin
    Suddenly - Billy Ocean

13. Harbourboy

That's a lovely song but I don't like using it in a romantic setting like a wedding, because of that line where he goes:

"I don't want clever conversation"

It makes me feel like I'm saying that she's not smart enough. It's not a big deal but something I always have in the back of my mind with this song.

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Love Stinks
    Blame it on Your Lying, Cheating, Cold Dead-Beating, Two-timing, Double Dealing, Mean Mistreating Loving Heart
    Thank God and Greyhound You're Gone
    Heartbreaker
    You Ain't Much Fun Since I Quit Drinking
    Jagged Little Pill

Oops... sorry, the divorce flashbacks kicked in.

More serious (I'll try to keep Country off the list, although there are some great ones there):

Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
    I'm a Believer - The Monkeys
    Happy Together - The Turtles
    The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
    Colour My World - Chicago
    It Had To Be You - Harry Connick, Jr.
    Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers (oops)
    I Do it For You - Bryan Adams
    Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
    Save the Best for Last - Vanessa Williams
    True Love Ways - Buddy Holly
    I Will Always Love You - Dolly Pardon (oops again, but you can choose Whitney's version)
    Love Me Tender - Elvis
    Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
    Maybe I'm Amazed - Wings
    In Your Eye - Peter Gabriel
    Unforgettable - Nat King Cole
    You're in My Heart - Rod Stewart
    You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker
    Breathe - Faith Hill (damn, another got in)
    That's Amore - Dean Martin

I did remarry...

[ January 10, 2006, 22:00: Message edited by: T2Bruno ]

15. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@HB, I was a bit apprehensive with "Just The Way You Are" of Billy Joel, but I saw Kitrax was using Journey's Open Arms as an opening love song. If I remember, that song was about a relationship gone sour and given a second chance.

I've also thought of the Righteous Brother's "Bring Back That Lovin' Feelin" (or the Hall and Oates version). Both would be great for the dancing part and would get everyone to sing along. But well, the song talks about a broken relationship.

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Temple of love (the version with Ofra Haza, who has an incredible voice) by Sisters of Mercy would not be out of place...

17. Kitrax

Media:
    Actually, Journey - Open Arms is "our song"...which we be doing the traditional "first dance" to. We've had some serious hic-ups in our relationship in the past, but we worked though them, and so this songs fits us perfectly. :thumb:

Thanks for the long lists T2Bruno and nior! :thumb:

I need to pick up some CDs that are being held for me at the library. They are titles like, 'The 50 Greatest Wedding Songs of All Time' and the like...I will be the judge of that. :evil: :rolling:

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I am surprised that no-one mentioned 'HIM'. They are defined as 'love-metal' after all :eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.