1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Way to make behavior settings stick through restarts

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by SlickRCBD, May 21, 2010.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Is there any way to change the default behavior settings so that when I restart when trying the new characters I don't have to reset the changes I made every time?

Perhaps editing one of the .ini files or something?

Especially things like setting the magic use to either scaled or off instead of "blow all your spells on the first cannon-fodder wimp you see" and the one about "use all the summons when there is no threat around so that they expire by time something shows up that they could be a big help for" and the "use all you healing items as soon as you lose 1hp so you're fresh out when critically wounded in combat"

I admit I tend to horde items a bit too much, but I really hate how all the AIs in all the D&D RPGs tend to use them like they only cost 1 COPPER piece.

2. hedron Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I just turn the AI off. I don't understand why people like it. How much fun can it be just sitting there watching characters fight with little to no interaction? PC AI just takes the fun out of the game.

I'm pretty sure you can change the setting for the party at once, but I don't think there is a way to change the behaviour for every game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.