1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wanted: Ideas and possible people to rp some history

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Lokken, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I'm making my own world, and seeing the radiant hall pallies play, I find it rather interesting. A lot of good stuff, among the old too.

I need some folk to possible roleplay an order in my world. A little info..

The Ivory Tower is the home of an ancient and secret order of knights, they're the Order of the Radiant Sun and keepers of the light. Some say Anu (god of the sun and some other stuff) dwells within the halls of the tower and has forged them specials swords of bright flame that cut through any evil they may encounter.
    They're an order not ruled by any outside powers, sort of monastic in hierarchy.

Basicly, I dont have much time at the moment to write up 50% of the persons in the order, but perhaps with the help of a few volunteers, it'd go faster :) .

anyone interested?

I'll get back with more info on the world and the land in which the ivory tower lies for those interested. This would be more story creating/roleplaying than anything and probably not have anything to do with rolling dice.

2. Loeryn Fettan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well I am not much of a writer so I can't lend much help there, however I would be willing to give your RP a shot. Lemme know when its expected to be finished.

3. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What you say intrigues me. How much of your world have you developed? The Radiant Hall takes place in my own world, which I am in the process of developing, and I had considered a tower as the structure for the temple to my sun god (the one I refer to in the Paladins of the Radiant Hall). If you have much of your world developed already, thats fine, but if not, might you like to collaborate?

btw
    Welcome to the boards, Haggis ;)

[ February 05, 2003, 03:36: Message edited by: Muumli ]

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Always happy to help dear brother Lokken.

You can choose the knight from my repitoir that best suits the campaign. I can flesh out any of the others as NPC's.

Mathetais. The older, grisled paladin who has seen too much and sees it as his job to protect the younger knights from both the outside threat of evil and the inside threat of pride. He has seen many comrads fall to both, and has been on the brink of doom from both himself. He weilds a magic bastard sword and is a defensive spell caster.

Scandal. This knight of mixed blood took up the sword to right an evil he witnessed as a youth. His mother was sacrificed to an evil god by a Coven of evil clerics. Changing his name to Scandal Covenrift, he took to the road and now seeks to uncover any rings of evil influence he can uncover. He has a nose for intruige, is adept at questioning, and fights mightily with his longsword, shield and bow.

Garion. Weilding a mighty hammer Garion is of barbarian blood and fights evil for the same reason some climb mountains ... because its there! He is different from his barbaric brothers in two ways ... first, his rage is channeled, secondly, he keeps a stong personal code of honor, sacrificing anything to keep his word.

Last but not least

Acacia, a female paladin whose heritiage is rumored to be celestial. She seldom speaks without having thought through her words, but upon opening her mouth, she often leaves her audience either inspired or terrified, depending on their own motives.

Did I mention that I really like paladins?

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

cool :) well I'll do the writing, this would be most for inspiration to the writing.

My idea of the tower would be like the one in neverending story (ivory tower).

Much of the world around the tower is fleshed out. I can upload some maps once I get my scanner back (sis borrowed it) along with some history around the order.

Mathetais sounds like a great character for this world :D

I'll upload some info later, where there'll be information of the gods (the ones related anyway) and of the two bordering lands to the tower.
    [Edited out]
    here's a border map of the continent, but no further info so far (will come later). The tower would be somewhere on the bord of Tantalos and Kaytonia in a mountainrange of (forgot the name, will put it in later :) ).

Anu is a third generation god that can be found here:
    [Edited out]
    (just to get an idea of the gods)
    Magic died long ago, so no spells (beyond the power of prayer that works in mysterious ways ;) ), but gunpowder has been invented, so one could have a musket if so fancying.

Muumli, I'll think about it, although my world is quite laid down :)

EDIT: link to pictures at the bottom.

[ February 06, 2003, 20:28: Message edited by: Lokken ]

6. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

That's fine, I am taking a different direction with my world anyway. More magic, less gunpowder.

7. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Not much time right now, but a few ideas.

-An divinely animated lion pet made entirely of brass or gold.
    -A paladin with bardlike tendencies, who when not smiting evil likes to tell jokes or sing songs that makes many of the other paladins look down on him.
    -A paladin gifted with inhuman strength [possibly some draconic blood?] who is semi-pacifistic. A gentle giant?
    -2 young paladin twins, [with rhyming names if you like] who are more lackeys and squires than paladins. Possibly clumsy, overeager, annoying, ask way too many questions.
    -A fountain that speaks and answers simple questions.

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

*laughs*

some of those ideas rock! :D *makes notes* will add some history to the tower later

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'll be willing to give rping a character a shot. Maybe not a paladin....
    - enthusiatic & naive squire
    - elder scribe who is rumoured not to have set foot outside the temple libraries in over forty years

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

here's some info about the "founding fathers" of the tower, and the fate of them.

Founded by the Minotaur Alakbar and Kano Stormbringer as a union of the races defending a common cause, good and light, they started constructing a large tower with the help of their followers. Ten years later the Ivory Tower stood complete, radiating as a beacon among the Uridain Teeth while the sun crossed the sky. Catching the eye of Anu, he came to their halls and saw that their work was good and blessed them, teaching them to make special sun swords to aid them in their holy task. It is said that Anu, to this day, is dwelling in the halls of the ivory tower.
    Chaos and disorder was at its peak after the Great Cataclysm, and as such the order tried to return the lands to their civilized selves before the disaster. Quickly it won renown and became well respected among its neighboring lands of Tantalos and Kaytonia, although despised by the lords of the dark halls of Othian. Learning of the incarnation of Sith, Kano and Alakbar saw it as their duty to defend the realms of good against this new evil and thus Kano left with hundred brave souls towards the fields of dread. Alakbar remained behind to protect the tower, and keep order in the yet frail lands.
    Passing the Gap of Seti, they encountered a great host of men and orcs under the command of a few dread knights. The hundred knights was struck with fear facing the overwhelming numbers. Kano drew his sword, and in that moment the blade was set ablaze in fiery light, lightening the hearts of the knights. With each sword drawn, more light was spread and they charged towards their enemy that was blinded by the power of the sun swords.
    It was not long till the fields of dread was filled with the cries and song of the victorious knights, as they ceased their thundering run through the army of the enemy, seeing them scatter for the winds.
    After the battle, Kano rallied the remaining troops, sending home the wounded due to the hostility of the lands where it was not safe to linger. Riding on with the remaining two dozen of knights, Kano lead them along the mountains towards the dark halls of Othian to encounter the lord of darkness. Seemingly having defeated the enemy, they reached the halls with ease. The long darkgreen halls filled with wretched spires reaching towards the sky to block the sun, filled the knights with hatred and fear. The very air was hard to breath as they could taste evil's stench in it. Onwards they rode, charging towards the centre of the gloomy halls, with evil hiding somewhere beneath the earth.
    On that night, Alakbar felt a calling within himself and went to the highest platform in the tower, being close to the descending sun. In prayer and thought, a voice spoke to him from beyond; "A new dawn is approaching, embrace it not.." Standing tall, he ordered the tower to blow the horns and prepare for the onslaught of some new enemy.
    The next morning, no wind was moving and the morning was biting cold and no sunlight could pierce the grey clouds of the world, spreading for miles from the black land of Seti. The days passed and Alakbar feared the worst. First came the wounded from the battle of the fields of dread, secondly the few survivors of the dark halls returned, one among them, Eriador, the squire of Kano. His mind seemed shred, rambling in an foreign tongue that none could discern, and only after many days of care he was able to speak an understandable word.

In the deep halls of Othian, where only their swords gave light, Marcus Dawnchanter told them of an old text that told them the way to the hall of power where the shadow lie. Leading the way, Marcus, Kano, and Eriador entered a circular hall. Across the room, opposite the entrance gate was a great throne upon sat a great demon of terrible appearance. His very stare made their hearts go cold and full of despair. Eriador was paralyzed with fear and awe of this creature that introduced itself as Alakhai. Kano brought up his blade to face the new terror of which no tale speaks, and in that battle he cut of the arm of the demon. It roared making the very walls tremble, and with a swift blow, its tail that had been hidden in the dark cloak stabbed forth and pierced Kano's armor raising him high into the air and throwing him against the wall. Filled with despair, Eriador turned and ran, crying due to his cowardice and the thought of what the terribly laughing demon would do to his masters remains and his companion Marcus.
    The tower was clad in sorrow as the news of Kano and the other fallen reached every corner, and Eriador left to redeem himself if possible, wandering the lands trying to keep alive the message of his master.

The years to come, the tower stood tall and proud, keeping the enemy at bay as soon as it clawed hands tried to take claim of any land. Assisting primarily Laeria, Kaytonia and Tantalos against Seti, the tower had many skirmishes with the dread knights, although lately the land has laid quiet for many years, as if plotting for some new treachery.

The Order isn't terribly great in numbers, around 200 strong. Order of rank is as follows:

Lightbringer (currently Alakbar the Ancient)
    Dawnchanter
    Fireblade
    Holy Protector
    Knight
    Uninitiated

The order is primarily of minotaurs and humans, but through the years some elves and dwarves have been accepted to serve the light.

The Great Cataclysm: The year where it is said that the mortal ties to magic were severed and a great ruin followed to roam the world, reshaping its face forever.

http://www.felding.subnet.dk/ivorytower.html

added a part of the map with more names from the background info. The DHoD is the Dark Halls of Dread, a bastion where dread knights are trained.
    Samaion is a major city, while Haimyr is a lesser city.

Removing the other links and added them to that overview site. (something with direct linking to files rules, can't remember, so making sure :) )

[ February 06, 2003, 20:35: Message edited by: Lokken ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.