1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Voice Actors

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Khazraj, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I was once directed by other forum friends to check out the net for a list of who does the voice acting for NPCs in SoA and ToB, and without much result.

Is there a site that can tell me who does which voice(s)?

2. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

3. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Don't bother with the IMDB.

This is a reposting of the Interplay internal list. While the poster's hypothesis at the bottom is wrong (Hidi Shannon was ALWAYS Jaheira, there are wrong credits floating around for BG1), this is the list straight from Chris Borders, the audio director from the game.

4. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

What surprises me is that anout 2 months ago I E-Mailed IMDB for David Warner's filmography and while it had listings for many cartoons he's done voice work for, I saw no listing for BGII

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

This list says a guy named Jeff bennet did the voice for Xan -- I don't recall seeing Xan in BG2 -- did I miss something? There's also a listing for Branwen -- did I miss something there too?

6. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

I believe Branwen and Xan are in the BG2 tutorial.

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

That they are, the bizarre thing with the tutorial that I found was that some of the stats (maybe only one) stay with you but none of the gold or gear seems to.
    I did the tutorial for fun one day (went slow as hell with the movement) and when I got to the game proper and checked my stats outside the Dungeon, my most powerful vanquished was a Wraith Spider! At least I THINK it was a Wraith, it was some kind of Spider anyway.

8. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Thanks for the list, now if only I could match photos to the names, because it always leads to so much wondering.

The fake credits about voice acting started from rumours?

9. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

What about the Spanish voices?. The girl's voice that dubbes Imoen is quite annoying and strident :( !!

10. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I actually thought Spanish Imoen was the only decently characterized female voice in the bunch.

11. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, if Imoen is supposed to put you on nerves, yes, it's perfect; in BG1 she was more kind.

I think that the translation's been made excelent. Except for Jaheira when she gets wounded instead of "ouch", says something like this: "what are you pretending to do drow?, I'm sure that it is only a bunch of lies!". Strange, eh? :aww:

Those interested leave me a message and I will send a mail with that wavs, both Imoen and Jaheira.

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Sounds like someone screwed up the .tlk strings in the Spanish version.

13. Tionne Dawnstar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Wow, some of those are really big surprises... Anomen and Saerk are the same person? I'll never look at that part of the game the same again... "Oh look... he's talking to himself again :D "

This thread has been so informative... I thought Bhaal was Micheal Dorn, thank you so much for the links... I was playing through the Asylum again and I thought... That has got to be Worf!!! Thanks again! :eek:

[ September 21, 2003, 04:05: Message edited by: Tionne Dawnstar ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.