1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Viva la Lich?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by IronEagle, Nov 17, 2000.

1. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Spoiler..
    Ok i wanted to play a mage just not from level 8, so i get my friend to send me his level 14 mage character he was currently using. Well anyway i do the hold, and a few city quests, I get to Umar hills, seems normal from the beginning. But when i meet the jailor theres a lich there!! killed him, i go across the bridge there and that other room with stuff (the one north of where you give those bones away. Well there was a lich there also!!! so by now im thinking WHAT THE HELL. kill him and the mummies, figure it was just a glitch, so i go that that room where you walk across the name.. And at the door theres another lich!!!! thats 3 lichs in 1 level!! by now im thinking my game is totally messed up, but keep playing. So i get Valygur and do his planar sphere, and in 1 more lich shows up... I swear if im forced to kill another non quest lich im gunna go crazy.

Anyone have this problem?

2. osodeadly Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You fought a liche in the planar sphere!!???
    Maybe the game compensates for your higher level by increasing enemy difficulty. Perhaps a feature for multiplayer games that carries over into the single player? I dunno, every time I fought a liche it's been a set up, large battle. They don't usually just wander around.

oSo

3. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

well these liches were just as strong as the ones for everything else. except they were in the middle of other enemies. which makes them harder because the skel warriors can do good damage as is.. but with a lich casting his spells with the skels attacking was another thing, i had to resort to retreating and because of the liches really slow speed i kill the skels then got the lich 1 on 1. But damnit its a pain the the ass to fight that many liches before chapter 3

4. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The game alters the levels according to your clvl.So if you have a lvl15 mage you can expect to see liches in ordinary locations.I fought three liches in the Shade Lord quest when my party was around lvl 17(in my second going)

5. Elenias Nal'nair Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Yeah, got the same *problem*. Have fought 10 or 11 liches so far and I'm sill in chapter 2 (haven't been to the Planar Sphere yet) on my first runthrough. Maybe it's because of playing a small party or something like that. My main guy is Mage lvl 15...
    but what? That's nice EP...

6. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

there should be a setting for that.. i just wanna get through the game quick and test a few things. But that prevents that... it seems to make enemies stronger. and i only wanted a 4 person party, but was forced to pick up korgon and edwin so i wasnt getting waisted all the time. I mean it makes for some truely awsome game battles, but if i wanted that should be able to turn it on or off. It should not be built in.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.