1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Vision (poetry)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by chevalier, Dec 18, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Quite a lot of time has passed since the first one I posted here, but it comes. Here.

Amidst the turmoil of battle
    A bold look in the future
    Now clear like a mountain stream
    Now bleary like morning mist

Chatter and noise, screaming and clatter
    Whisper and giggle, wailing and lament
    Distant in the hum of flowing blood
    Withering apart, then fading away

A silvery voice breaks out
    Interrupting the silence
    Tinkling like a myriad bells
    Stroked by lazy summer breeze

A lady there speaks in regal tone
    Alluring, commanding attention
    Marked with wisdom and pain of eons
    Tempting, and promising oblivion

My breath shall dwell on thy cheek
    Yet thou shalt not see me more
    Afore the end of this day
    For thy time hath not yet come

[ December 29, 2003, 22:34: Message edited by: chevalier ]

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nice and Christmas-y! :shake:
    Not bad, not bad at all (not that I am any kind of expert on poetry).

3. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I like it. Subtle, and you even get a good rhythm going there. Well done, Chev.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Very nice, Chevalier.

There seems to be a verse missing between the fourth and fifth.

The poem seems to be following a stead pattern of 1/2/1/2/1/2 yet goes 1/2/1/2/2.

It is a good poem, and my comment is unimportant, yet after it's read is feels unfinished, if that makes any sense.

5. chevalier

Media:
    In fact, I used quite a different versification, a more 'rounded' one. It goes ABABA, or rather 7-9-7-9-7, each vowel or diphthong pedantically standing for one syllable and only one, no matter what ;)

IV & V go like this: Verb, adverbial clause, adverbial clause, adverbial clause, object (direct speech). I don't think quotation marks would look good in a poem.

Thanks very much for feedback!

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Enough with the thongs already! :p

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hugs Cehv*

Nevber mind him, we like your thongs!

It's a good one. A veeery good one. I am crap at technical analysis, but it evokes feelings...

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Interesting...was it inspired by Jaheira? It makes me think of her...

9. chevalier

Media:
    Hmm... a very interesting conclusion. I wasn't thinking about Jaheira, but it would be very much like she. As a spirit, if she were dead, or connecting telepathically from a large distance.

I was thinking about a personification of Death, somehow celestial in nature, definitely not abysmal. Even if still sombre and bearing the markings of darkness. Also possessing an eternal character. It would be the same one as in Blessing. The addressee of the speech also remains the same. Chronologically, Vision is meant to be after Blessing.

Thank you very much for feedback ;)

10. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

It has an intrinsic feel to it that just bleeds into the reader. It is hard to read and not want to hear more of the characters of whom you speak.

Good work.

Please send us more.

[edit: I'm going to go back and read the first one now, then come back to re-read this]

[ December 31, 2003, 16:21: Message edited by: Hacken Slash ]

11. chevalier

Media:
    More is on the way. I have a general outline and practically a whole strophe, the most important one and the rest will grow around it promptly. Should post it soon. Same convention, maybe slightly different versification and metrum, that's still not decided.

12. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Me gusta mucho - keep it coming!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.