1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Viconia - killed by Flaming Fist - forever dead?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Silverstar, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] In my BGT game, I tried to rescue Viconia from the zealous flaming fist guy, but he casted hold person and held my fighters. He resisted the command spell Viconia flung at him. And then before I could intervene he attacked poor Viccy and instantly decapitated her with a single swing! (Critical hit- and a chunky death, in-game terms)

I managed to kill the zealous flaming fist with a burning hands scroll. Now, I am in a minimum-reloads game (no loading unless absolutely necessary ie:pC is dead) I even did not reload when my cat familiar was killed by the ogre in Lion's way, again with a critical hit which did 24 damage (coincidentally, just the sum of its max HP) so I sucked the consitution loss and summoned a dust mephit next day. (I have a mod which lets you custom-pick your familiar, and I am experimenting with the ones I never had before. I hope I won't be experimenting much, or will be adventuring with a CON of 7 like the doomed Xan :p )

Seems that critical hits are real killers in a minimum load game.

I now ask, when and if I eventually go to Amn, will Viccy be there, tied up to the stake as usual? Or since, she is chunked in BG, she is therefore forever dead dead dead in my current game? I know BGT boasts about improved continuality, in regards of NPCs and the like, so I am curious.

2. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    She will be at the Stake in the Government District!

Silverstar and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Umm, okay. Thankee, sir! :) This is going to be kinda weird, as the last time my character has seen her she was large chunks of drow meat dancing ever sooo gracefully in the wind. :shake:

4. Gafgorkion Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Actually in a BGT game, Viconia will still be dead in BG2. BGT does import the NPCs as well. All of their status carries over. For example, if you never dual class Imoen in BG1 she will still be a pure class thief in BG2. If they are dead in BG1, they will still be dead in BG2. Although Imoen will not play by that rule since she is plot critical. All other returning NPCs do however. If Jaheira and/or Minsc die in BG1, they will not be in their cages at the beginning of BG2.

The improved continuity like that is what really separates BGT from Tutu.

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Oh, but Darion sounded so sure...well I guess it would make more sense this way, though I will be missing a lot of content in BG2...tons of voiced dialogue, interjections, romance, and a chance to redeem Viconia, even. Sigh. It seems more realistic, though. It is the same in real life, too. Each person has an infinite potential in life, to touch and change others in the future..and many are cut short forever by as simple things as a stray bullet, disease, a car accident etc. Such is life.

6. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

If you start a new BG2 game and import you character everyone should still be there.

7. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

In my BGT game Imoen was destroyed permanently by a slime in the BG sewers. But in BG2 she appeared just like nothing happened.

I think BGT only transfers properties from characters which are in the party when travelling from BG1 to BG2. Viconia was never in your party so chances are high that she'll be in Amn just like in a BG2 only game.

8. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Something else to consider, in game. In P&P true elves including DROW cannot be Raised. Half-Elves can, but not Elves.

9. Gafgorkion Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Except in BGT, which the original poster is playing, there is no exporting/importing between games. BGT combines them seamlessly. As soon as BG1 ends, BG2 automatically begins (similar to how ToB automatically begins at the end of SoA) and the importing is done automatically for you. BGT not only imports your main character but also all the returning NPCS. So like I said before, if you never dual classed Imoen, she will still be a pure class thief at the beginning of BG2.

The seamless transition between BG1 and BG2 is what makes BGT unique from Tutu which still requires you to manually export and import.

No, BGT imports every returning character. Imoen is just unique because she doesn't play by the dead rule. Like I said before, she is plot critical to BG2. If she died in BG1 and didn't show up at the beginning of BG2 you literally would not even be able to get out of your cage since she is the trigger that opens it. If she doesn't show up to attack Irenicus with Magic Missile then that would cause problems as well. Imoen is critical, so she can't die in BG1 and stay dead upon import into BG2.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  10. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

Best way to resolve this is to get cracking with Infinity Explorer. Government District is area AR1000. I did not see anything in the area script. That leaves the game script.

11. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Crap, it totally missed the BGT part of his original post!

Sorry! Will crawl humiliated into the corner of shame!

Sorry bro!

12. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

If it does not work out, you can always use the CLUA Console and alter the relevant variables. The VicG guards use one variable:
    !Dead("viconi")

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I guess both Infinity Explorer and CLUA Console would be out of question..? :)

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Yeah no editing stuff like that. Starting constitution was 13, so it's not much of a loss, really. When I have 40K XP I will get the semi multi-clerics mod's book to get some priest spells into my mage book, which will cause -2 CON again. Only downside is my character will get tired more readily than others in my party while travelling across the maps, but Aurora's shoes mod have nice, sweetbreads with jam which reduce fatigue, so no biggie. Plus I like jam, lol :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.