1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Valen Kills the Umar Hills Boy...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Maxinion, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Maxinion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum, so blah blah blah, hello, etc.

I just have a quick question on what I think may be a bug. I've been playing BG2 with ToB installed, with a ton of mods as well-- Dungeon Be Gone, Ascension, Solufain, Kelsey, Baldurdash, Oversight, and Valen. Now, my problem appears to be with Valen... sigh. Kinda spoilers below.

As in my previous games, the Umar Hills boy met me in the middle of Athkatla, and told me about his plight... I accepted the task, but Valen, of course, went after the little guy and killed him. Now, I didn't notice it then, but the Umar Hills do not appear on my map-- that's a problem, as I would like to create Crom Fayer at some point.

So my question: Does anyone know if I screwed something up? Are there any variables I can CLUAConsole or Shadowkeeper to fix this problem? What was that boy's name, so I can try to find those variables myself? etc, etc. I know I can just shadowkeeper myself the Crom Fayer scroll immediately, but I would like to fight the dragon anyway.

Thanks for any and all responses!

2. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

First, Valen should not have attacked him. I don't remember ever seeing that happen before, although it's possible I just never had Valen before I talked to Delon (the boy). One possibility is that this happened in the gov't district and Valen flew into a berserker rage with the guards (one of them insults Bodhi), and in her berserk state Delon got bit. Maybe others can weigh in here.

Second, you should still be able to go to Umar Hills, because you can get it on your map another way--by accepting the mission to find Valygar. Investigate his house in the docks and you'll get the Umar location either from his servant or by taking his tax information to a man in the government building.

Finally, to actually answer your question: no, I don't know the way to open Umar via CLUA. Hopefully my advice will make that unnecessary.

3. Maxinion Gems: 1/31

Well, it was in the government district when the attack happened (and I did have to attack two guards because we were seen), but I'm pretty sure that she went after him herself. Strange.

Regardless, that's all I needed-- I just plain forgot about little old Valygar's quest... thanks!

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Part of the Valen mod is her bloodthirstyness. Delon is all alone, lost, and doesn't have anyone to help him. A perfect victim for her. So yes, she does kill him.

In certain versions of the game however, you can't kill children, the game won't let you, which is rather difficult with Valen installed.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You mean she's not like Blade, and can't shoot up some wierd substance to quench her "thirst"? :shake:

If you want to CLUA Console your way to the Umar Hills, just type:
    CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR1100")
    Game loads, and BAM! You're there! No more dragging all of your stuff across Amn! :thumb: :rolling:

6. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

this happened to me and it really annoyed me so i unistalled the mod and played it without her.

7. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

It's decidedly not a bug, gang. If you don't want a vampire in your party... well, you should have thought of that before. :)

8. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

It's one of the things I liked about Valen. Finally, an NPC who did stuff on her own! It really set her apart from all the other npcs out there.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Yep, I've tried Valen and she does in fact attack Delon. As well as Daleson, Lady D'Arnise, the City guards in the government district, Anath in the Umar Hills, etc., etc., etc. It is certainly problematic, as she really doesn't get along with anyone, and is extremely opportunistic in her killings.

10. Maxinion Gems: 1/31

Yeah, and this killing is something I really like about her. The only part that irks me is that I don't get the map location of the Umar Hills after talking to him... It seems like a bug that her killing him somehow stops you from knowing where to go. But thanks to Eric I was able to do the quest anyway.

11. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Since Aldeth brought it up, the way Valen treats people in the D'Arnise Stronghold is priceless. Poor little Daleson...I laughed way too hard when Valen told him to start running.

Of course no one feels sorry for Lady D'Arnise. Too bad you have to kill her bodyguard too.

12. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.