1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Utopia

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Duke Eltan, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well, didn´t wanna fill the online games thread with this.

With what you wonder?

Well, share your memories from great wars.
    Brag about you accomplishments and so on.

Greatest warmemory was many years ago. To many years ago.
    Kadagar and his AV against Sauron Pets.
    Well, the fight wasn´t really that fair, but it sure was fun :)
    I dont remember how much of a beating he took, but IIRC he changed his Kd´s banner to a pic of Kadagar and renamed the Kd to "Kadagar is _ _ _"
    This was actually in a newspaper here in sweden.

I´m in the "Hall of Honors" twice, not that big of an accomplishment really if you compare to what other have succeeded in. Although, I dont think it´s that many that are in twice on top 100.

Biggest grab, 974 acres last round.
    I´ve seen alot bigger, but still a good hit.

So, share and brag away, there must be more people than me and Rastor that play/played this great game.

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

My friend once named his kingdom "19:24 Is Gonna Die" after those guys kept refusing to surrender to him.

I posted my own personal best accomplishment in the other thread. We beat down anyone that started harrassing our members. That was a fun age.

3. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Sounds like great fun :)
    Although, it must´ve taken quite some time ey?

We just got out of a war...
    I got out with 198 acres and about 95K nw.
    No army whatsoever, and hadn´t our regent surrendered I would´ve died during the night.
    I guess their king got tired of me constantly frying his peasants. He had like 400K nw and was down on 5 peasants... Well, atleast I have 40 mod wpa now :D

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Website? Info? Is it like NationStates? Better? Worse?

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This game sounds a lot like a game I am playing: www.kamikazegames.com called "Dominion". Nothing fancy really but somewhat enjoyable. Very easy and quick to get into.

6. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

I´m really surprised that you two swedes haven´t heard of it. I thought every swede with internet had heard of it :)

Especially you joacqin that play Dominion.
    Dominion is pretty much based on Utopia I think.
    Utopia is alot better though...

http://games.swirve.com/utopia if you wanna take a looksee ;)

Also, ask some of your friends if they´ve heard of it, I´m pretty sure they´ll say that they play it :)

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yeah, that's true... you'll never know who plays online games. One of my friends introduced me to the game, and another 2 guys I saw in the computer lab playing it.

I only started playing it last year, so I haven't quite got anything to brag about just yet. I like playing on Genesis better - the teams are more balanced in terms of new players, old players, serious players, fun players, etc. My personal best was in such a Genesis kingdom; I got past 3K acres and 600K networth with a baron dwarven freak. :)

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Dominion is a clone of Utopia.

Duke Eltan, took us about a week to end the final war.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.