1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Use of Ring of Energy

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by CalabiYau, Nov 23, 2003.

1. CalabiYau Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Jaheira now has the ring of energy, but I can find out how it is used in a fight. Does the ring add punch to arrows and darts? I could discover no way to use the ring directly. Any help here is appreciated.

2. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Try the little icon that looks like a bag. It usually is the first button left of your quickitems. When you click it it should look like when you click the spellbutton and to the far left of the new menu there should be the ring.

I´ve never used the ring, but this should be how it´s used.

3. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

That's right. Use the bag icon then select the ring from the the choice of available icons (probably only that one) to use it. It works by shooting out a jet of energy (a bit like aganarzers scorcher) and does a fair amount of damage to the enemy. I used it a lot against mages and sirens.

Some of these magic items have different charges available. You can select the default choice by right-clicking on the magic item and seleting the available option you want.

I found it good to give my thief or f/t the ring of energy and the necklace that does fireballs and when scouting and an enemy is sighted use it and fade away again.

4. CalabiYau Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Your prompt reply was very helpful and greatly appreciated.

5. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It only has a limited number of charges I believe.
    Sell it to High Hedge and buy it back and then you'll have 200 charges.

It hits almost anything. :thumb:

6. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

It's damage is only 2D6 (2-12) however, so use wands if you need higher damage.

7. Aces Gems: 19/31

But it hits anything.
    Use it for a Drizzt killer! Great for a solo game. Stand on the other side of the river and zap away.
    When I tried to kill Scar on the Bridge, my first time through the game, I couldn't touch him with any weapons but that ring hit him every time. Even after over 50 hits and over 300-350HP points damage I couldn't bring him down. I gave up trying. :p

8. Baronius

So it evades magic resistance. Never checked this.
    You cannot kill Scar, the second command of Flaming Fist. Invulnerable, because he is a game-critical NPC.

9. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The ring is very good at disrupting enemy mages.

10. Baronius

Like any weapon/spell/magic item which has damaging projectile.

11. Aces Gems: 19/31

I believe so. But I'm not 100% sure.

I figured he was invincible but I had to try ya know. ;)
    Trying to kill Duke Eltan at the end of chapter 5 when he gives you the book is even more fun. :eek:

12. Baronius

Trying to kill Duke Eltan could be really fun because a deadly FlameStrike removes the protagonist from existence at once :D
    However, I do not know if this happens too if you attack him after you have been given the book.

13. Aces Gems: 19/31

It does... :sick:

However you have to return to Flaming Fist HQ before you go into CandleKeep because you are transported to chapter 6 right after you get the book.

If you finish chapter 6 first, then he is in his chapter 7 sick bed when you return.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.