1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unsorted questions

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by sarevok66, Aug 27, 2009.

1. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Veteran

[​IMG] do you really need your companions, other than for you to move on along the main quest (like Annah for example) ? both Morte and Annah are dead and i am sure not paying Hargrimm 800 copper coins to resurrect them, but should i ?

since i slaughtered the cranium rats for Hargrimm, the only dialog options he offers me when i speak to him is either to rest or purchase his healing services and thats all, is it normal ?

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You don't need any of your companions to finish the game but they make the game more interesting.

There is a person on the 1st floor of the Mortuary who can teach you how to revive dead companions.

Go to the western hall where you will find the ghost of Deionarra. Examine all dialog options, especially "And who am I". She will then tell you that you have the power to revive people who died close to you, so long as you don't dismiss them from your company.
    Once you have escaped the Dead Nations, Hargrimm's role in the game is more or less over.

3. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31

Veteran

alright thanks, although i tought Hargrimm was necessary to get to see the silent king, he should be asking me to get rid of Soego or something of the sort

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Actually it's Stale Mary that can help you see the Silent King, and if you've already dealt with Soega you won't be able to have that conversation with Mary anymore. Hargrimm and Stale Mary basically offer two mutually exclusive ways of getting out of the Dead Nations.

5. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31

Veteran

6. Montresor

Media:
    Enter the wrecked house and walk down the stairs opposite the entrance.

7. findarato Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I also have some other 'unsorted questions':

1. Ravel keeps paralyzing my companions during the fight which is very annoying. Is this permanent even after her death? Haven't finished her yet since I realized I need other spells before entering her maze again.

2. the mirror you find in Modron maze which produces duplicates of NPCs when used on them. Is this permanent? Or even useful?

3. I bought that macic vest for Annah from the taylor, but she refuses to wear it. Is it sufficient to keep it in her inventory for proper use or where should I put it?

thanks in advance.

8. Montresor

Media:
    #1 and #2: No, these effects are not permanent.

#3: From her inventory, drag it to the Vest slot on the "paper doll". It will then replace her own vest.

If you just try to remove the vest she's wearing, she would end up naked, so of course she complains! Really, Annah is not that kind of girl! :nono: :D

9. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31

Veteran

which skull does lothar want (and especially where exactly can i find it) ?

i brought him soego's skull but it didn't work

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    That's odd, I was pretty sure Soego's should work. I think Mantuok's will also do, and since he's conveniently hanging around near the bridge on the way from Lothar to the tomb portal you must have ran into him at some point.

11. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31

Veteran

yeah i ran into mantuok at some point, but killing him means fighting his fellow wererats, and i'm not going through that ordeal

12. findarato Gems: 3/31

Veteran

Lothar wants either soego's, Mantuok's, or the silent king skull, maybe I missed some other.
    When I talked to him with Soego's skull in my bag, he told me to go and find a skull. I found that strange, ended the conversation and talked to him again. And then he took the skull. This works only after I had been in my own tomb.

---------- Added 0 hours, 8 minutes and 4 seconds later... ----------

thanks! No I had no such intentions with Annah!::D

Which level mage is TNO recommended to be, when he plans to encounter Ravel?
    Have tried every spell I am able to cast, except lightning storm for which I am too weak still at level 10. Maybe I need to upgrade first.
    Sorry, I am actually no RPG player, so I have some difficulties with the levels and my abilities, such as AC and such. Was a fighter till level 7, then thief (started at 3, until7) and now mage which I will stay.
    I learn, although not very fast it seems.

13. Montresor

Media:
    @sarevok66: Lothar will (or should!) take the skulls of Soego, Mantouk, The Silent King, Hargrimm, Acaste or Stale Mary. You just need to have them in your inventory.

@findarato: You can easily handle Ravel if you're level 10 or even lower. Just bring a full party to help deal with her.

14. findarato Gems: 3/31

Veteran

Yes it all worked even without upgrading, thanks.

I'm in Curst now, and Annah won't take the assassin knuckles. Maybe I'm just again doing something wrong, but they don't go into any of the slots. They should work with thieves.

15. Qwinn Gems: 3/31

Each PC has only one type of weapon they will use. For Annah, it's punch daggers. She won't use gauntlet style weapons... or clubs... or any of a number of weapons that most thieves can use. Same way Vhailor won't use anything except axes.

Qwinn

16. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31

Veteran

i got a problem: before entering the empty tomb, annah was alive but morte was dead, and then you're on your own to investigate the chamber, and when i got out of the tomb, annah was waiting for me but since morte was dead i cannot talk to him back into being a party member again, so what should i do to get morte back ?

17. findarato Gems: 3/31

Veteran

as far as I know, you can resurrect them only before you leave them anywhere and go to another area. so you'd better resurrect him first and then enter the tomb. Otherwise he might be gone.

18. Montresor

Media:
    You can resurrect your party members as long as they are in your party. But all party members leave when you enter the tomb.

So :( the only way to get Morte back is to reload a savegame from before you entered the tomb.

19. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31

Veteran

oh no!

[​IMG] ahhhhhh now thats a real bummer, i dont have any saves previous to entering the tomb

i'll have to finish the game without his rather funny comments

20. Roller123 Gems: 3/31

Since this is IE there should(or rather, could) be a way to bring him back via the console(if there is one) or via some editor(if there is one). Something like

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Morte")

P.S. Btw shouldnt you have the AutoSave save still. Check it out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.