1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unidentified avatars

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by kuemper, Sep 28, 2005.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] As I come upon my fourth month as a registered poster here on SP, I'd like to take this opportunity to ask about avatars. 80% I can ID right off - the gems and protraits - but the other ones, like mine, are what I have trouble with.

Examples: I'm a marilith, Djeff is a mycanoid, T2Bruno is the Nameless One, Kam is an umberhulk

So, what's Barmy Army? Earl Grey? Kitrax? Lazy Bonzo? 8People? So many to name and so many I can't remember! <edit - i believe Kitrax is a rakshasa...i think>

Stand up, SPers! Help this marilith out and put a name to your avatar!

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I'd say Barmy's either a flesh golem, or that guy from the documentary "Supersize This!" :lol:

I don't want to know what Kitrax's is, though. I prefer to think he's just the sorcerer in the CC thread. :D

3. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    Isn't Barmy something like a Bloated Undead or a Sunken Zombie?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Barmy has a lemure.

Earl Gray has a dabus.

Kitrax has Poquelin from Icewind Dale.

Lazy Bonzo has a modron.

8people has Deionarra.

You're really missing out if you haven't played Planescape: Torment.

5. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

And Tal's is a pink dragon :p

/me runs like hell

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Nah, I always thought Tal looked more purple. ;)

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@Tal - Yeah, the ones I don't know are probably from Torment. BA's a lemure, huh. I like him even more now! :lol: One of the first RPGs I played had lemures and the graphics had them looking like yellow boots with white fur trim. :nuts: The 'big' ones I've seen elsewhere - Nameless One, Dakkon'Zerth (sp) and Annah.

8. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

marilith? I thought you were Yxunomei, one of the main enemies in IWD, who ruled over the Dragon's Eye area untill our adventurers took her head off.

Most of the potraits are from the IWD or NWN series and as such have no identity.

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yep, mine is Lemure from Planescape Torment. It seemed a funny thing to pick at the time, now I don't like it! Isn't there one of a devilishly good-looking guy? :lol:

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Yxunomei is a marilith. It's been years since I played IWD that I don't know what she looks like. All I remember is that she's one tough hombre!

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I porbably know all the avatars with the possible exception of those that exist only in HoW. Anyway mine as I'm sure most of you know is a mind flayer. ;)

@Barmy. I absolutely love your avatar there is something British to it. Put a tophat on it and it would look just like Churchill. :lol:

[ September 29, 2005, 02:15: Message edited by: Morgoroth ]

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    British? :D

Yxonemei uses the Maralith Avatar, I remember seeing her in IWD then seeing Maraliths in Bg2 and thinking "Oh no! Not her!" :lol:

You really need to play PS:T though :nono:

Naughty Maralith, not exploring the planes properly!

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

rotflmao, 8Peeps!

I would have PS:T except I have no way to make online payments and none of the gaming stores up here sell it.

14. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Actually, this is a real-life picture of me. Don't hate me because I'm different! :p

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hi fungus boy! :wave:

any one want to give my avatar a bio from IWD? I didn't even know my avatar was named 'Poquelin'.

Anyway, Beren is Har'Delis, Sarevok is...Sarevok/Bhaal, and Eldular is a demi-lich. That's all I can think of right now. :rolling:

16. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@8people: classic! :lol:

@kitrax: you didn't know you're avatar was the main villians of one of the core SP games?!? :shake:

17. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hah, nice one 8peeps. I like it :D .

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

IWD1 Spoilers galore
    Brother Poquelin is a priest of Illmater, or so he acts like to get information from the local Illmater church. In reality, he is a Devil sent to the Realms by the Demon Lords because of his vendetta with Yuxonemi, a Marilith Demon, so they won't bother the Lords again. After the PCs have taken out Yuxonemi, he plans to open a portal to the lower realms to take over the Forgotten Realms with an neverending army of Demons. Before he have the chance, he gets his ass handed to him by the adventurers.

Quite simple, really.

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I can't even identify the game my avatar comes from.

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Aldeth - Your picture's from NWN.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.