1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unaffected by effects from Boots

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Gwenhwyfar, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Gwenhwyfar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I just instaled HoW on my computer. I've had the main game on for a while now, and my save game when I first started up the game with HoW installed was in Kuldahar right after the Vale. Now, every time I load the Kuldahar map, it says Arundel- Unaffected by effects from Boots. What is up with this?

2. diebysteel Gems: 4/31

I only know that with one of my characters. He was wearing the ring that makes immune to hold, slow etc. and the boots of the fox (-1 ac, +40% movement speed). Everytime i loaded it said unaffected by effects from boots. The faster run didn't work, only the ac bonus. Perhaps its something like that?

3. Gwenhwyfar Gems: 4/31

It's not one of my party members, its the Archdruid guy.

4. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Maybe he has some boots on him but with HoW installed he might have some abilities he didnĀ“t have in #1 or maybe some other item he now has prevents movement bonuses.

Try slaying him and check his belongings for fun :)

5. Blast Skeleton Gems: 4/31

he only carries a Ring of Free Action :)
    maybe some boots too, but i only pickpocket him, not kill him (unless you want too screw up the game)

edit: That ring causes the game to say: Arundel-unaffected...

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Sounds like a bug. A one where there should have been a zero.

At least you know he's got the ring on him. :1eye:

7. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

You do know that you can save and load Blast Skeleton?
    So save - kill - check belongings of dead arundel - load.

No screwing up the game there right?

8. Blast Skeleton Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] i ain't stupid
    why would i save-kill-load to see what he's carrying?
    i already said you can pickpocket his ring of free action

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ok, I don't want you two to start fighting so I want you to stop, ok?

Blast Skeleton, he didn't say that you was stupid, he just pointed out that if you kill someone you more often than not gets more things then when you pickpocket.

Duke Eltan, he just thought that you get the same things if you pickpocket someone as when you kill someone.

10. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

I understood that, but since I said it to Gwenhwyfar so she could see if he had anything more than that ring you can pickpocket I dont understand why he gets so carried away.

11. Blast Skeleton Gems: 4/31

ok, i'll stop
    i just want so say one more thing
    i do know you get more stuff from killing someone than just pickpocketing
    ex. i'm playing trials of the luremaster; in the tower NW, there is a dude, who can be pickpocketed for ... a ring of free action :rolleyes:
    i killed him, since he also carries a morning star +4: defender, gauntlets of weapon expertise,...
    i've been playing rpg's since Ultima, so i'm getting pretty good at it :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.