1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Umbragen?

Discussion in 'Dragonshard' started by teekc, Feb 26, 2006.

1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Umbragen (sp?), the shadowy people, yes, what happened to their missions? Guys, if there is an official reason why they did not make their missions, please point the announcement it to me. i just "finished" the game and it seems that i can't play the missions from the umbragen's perspective.

right now i am guessing,
    1 - they rushed the product so hard they just throw away 1/3 of the game.
    2 - they left it for expansion. God willing, this is not the truth because such act of purposely not finishing a game and put it in expansion is despicable. i expect a full game when i buy it. Expansion as it's name suggest, is something on top of, extra of, in addition to a full finished well defined everything included game.

[ March 02, 2006, 02:25: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I haven't played the game (yet), but I think there's next to no hope for an expansion, considering the game has gone so completely by the gaming radars that it makes Torment look like a best-seller from day one.

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

There was no plan and frankly I don't think there is one to include the, uh, dark elfy types own campeign.

Frankly I didn't like the game much either. Slackness on Arari's part being the main downfall.

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Here is an interview that talks a little about the lack of an Umbragen campaign. I personally doubt that we will see an expansion - and if we do I certainly will not be buying it.

5. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

GB: Looking back, is there anything about the development of Dragonshard that you would have liked to change? Were you forced to remove features or cut any content due to cost or time constraints?

Charley: The Umbragen Campaign immediately comes to mind. We wanted to make sure that each of our missions was packed with a variety of RTS and RPG elements that leveraged each of features that make Dragonshard unique. As such, given our time constraints, we were in a situation where we were faced with a decision of quality versus quantity, and we chose the former.

That said, many of us at Liquid love the Umbragen - perhaps one day we will get an opportunity to tell their story anew…

6. ZanathKariashi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So how long before someone hacks the game, makes a map editor and creates a Umbragen campaign? Been waiting a while. You'd think Liquid would at least leak their tools for creation so fans could make the stuff themselves.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.