1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ultimate Edition

Discussion in 'Dragon Age 2' started by Muffildy, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Muffildy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So anyone know how long itll be before an ultimate edition of DA2 comes out that includes all of the DLC in it? Ive heard so many good and bad reviews of this game that i decided to put off buying it until i could atleast get all of the dlc for the same price.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Probably next year... all the DLC has to be released first. :D

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I would say 18-24 months from now. The game was just released, and Bioware has not even mentioned any new DLC yet for DAII. Apparently DAII is going to have more DLCs that will develop the original game story. I will just have to wait and see. Until Bioware starts releasing more DLCs for DAII I will be playing DAO and completing the two complete playthrough before I replay DAII for the 2nd or third time.

4. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't think it took that long for the ultimate edition of DA to come out. I was talking to a guy at Gamestop and he said that he is being asked that question more than any other. He is convinced that DA2 isn't selling as well because of the DLCs and people willing to wait a year.

5. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yeah, Muffildy, it's definitely premature to hold your breath on the Ultimate Edition.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Bioware has in store in the DLC department. I sincerely hope they will use DLCs to restore some of the lost faith that so many Origins fans have expressed. I think that with some very well done DLCs that introduce some new, richly created areas outside of Kirkwall, and perhaps even some content patches that do things like retexture some of the clone warehouses and the like, Bioware/EA could still reclaim a lot of the former enthusiasts. Some toning down on the absolutely over the top gore wouldn't hurt either. I had absolutely no idea that the human body was so prone to violently exploding before playing this game! :p

Making the DLCs count will likely have a strong impact on the future success of the Dragon Age franchise, because, simply put, if Bioware doesn't take steps to regain their teetering fanbase now, they aren't going to sell as many units later. Bottom line.

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Well they could; especially if they start handing out there other games for free.

7. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Well... I was going to wait for a possible ultimate edition but I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a normal copy of the game. Mainly because of two reasons. Firstly, I am not going to bother with any DLC they might release or have released and more importantly the price had fallen to about £10. Hopefully this will not be another NWN experience for me. At least the story should be a bit better...

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Please keep in mind that DAII is not about being epic, it is about surviving. The game is good but not EPIC!

9. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I don't get it, i enjoy the break of the mould story very much. Any more of "you've GOT to save the world and you're the ONLY one who can do it!" and i'd fall asleep.
    Especially cause time linearity is just about non existent. Think about those dozens of hours spent helping old ladies get laundry done and quests of their ilk. While the fate of the world lies on your shoulders. Nothing if not supremely confident in our ability to pull it off.

In DA2, for once, you don't have to pull flimsy reasons out of nowhere as to why you're not doing the plot. Since plot is somewhat like a side quest itself.

10. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I also was waiting for an ultimate edition. That was until I found it at Amazon for digital download for $12 (Tal look for the purchase). I figure for $12 if I want the DLC they are now going to be cheaper than the ultimate edition will be when it comes out. :)

11. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Ultimate edition will not be released as there is no interest from Retailers to have it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.