1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ultima vs BG

Discussion in 'Playground' started by kevlar0101, Apr 6, 2001.

1. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

2. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, in BG you could use long range weapons, had more magic abilities, could have multiple person parties, had quite a problem with beating human mages, has a huge assortment of color and display options.

But...I will always love the Ultima games.

Me - "I am the AVATAR!"
    Him - "Yeah, and I'm the god of war."

or:
    Me - "What is your age?"
    Her - "Bastard! Don't talk to me!"

And who could forget jolly old Mythren from U8? Or the exploding books? Or what happens when you ignite an explosive flask and drop it in your own backpack? :D

3. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well I gave up on Ultima after V but it was a great game for it's day. If you just look at pure graphics, sound, and playability BG is just so much better it's not funny. If you look at story and fun factor it's a lot closer of a challenge. But in the end I think BG still wins out. I love ultima but BG was just better!

4. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

ultima got boring after about 7

5. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

hate to say it but i'm rooting for ultima, most people who have been here a while know i'm a big fan, and i think also as a massively multiplayer game ultima is funner. hey sapiryl remember in u8 when you attacked townspeople this mage would appear and blow you to bits literally? i always thought it was funny to see a blown off arm move around and a heart still pump all lying seperately on the floor!

6. Dudette Gems: 8/31

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    There's nothing I liked better than getting PK'd in UO! NOT!

BG for me!

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sigh!

You never managed to finish Ultima VIII Pagan, am I right? So don't spit on it or older ones!

Ultima IX Ascension sucks, but others are legendary.

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Pagan was crap.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Oh jeah? And who first used fake 3D?

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    And that makes it non-crap? I think not.

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Ok everyone has his taste. Maybe I liked it because I was too young. Whatever, after TORMENT I don't wanna play it again. Sattisfied?

13. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] I was never not satisfied... Merely giving my opinion on the subject.

14. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

IWDHOW

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

GONMAR;

IWDHOW :confused: :confused: :confused:

Integrated Weapons Display Honest Open Willing

Intrinsic Witty Demeanor Humbly Owns (the) World

In What Duck Has Owen Wacked?

16. Dudette Gems: 8/31

its Ice Wind Dale, Heart of Winter!

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

DUH.

ME GO TO STORE NOW.

ORDER ME UP ONE IWDHOW TO GO.

PAY WITH SHINEY ROCK

18. Marek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

good one mathetais. some people just can't get a joke...

HE WAS CIN ... SINI ... SINIKALL ... DUH

19. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Pagan was great!!!!!!!

20. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] I reiterate: Pagan was crap.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.