1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ulcaster

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by AK_Rooster, Sep 26, 2001.

1. AK_Rooster Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

hmm the ghost who said he needs me to find some tombs in the ulcaster well were are the tombs ? is there more then one level to ulcaster i cant find a door anywere is it hidden?

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I remember also having trouble with this. i think there is a door in the room with the wolves (before the room with the spiders). It's very difficult to see. It's on the left wall.

3. davycop Gems: 3/31

It's not so much a door as a opening to a corridor. The problem is that it is not very clear and the fog of darkness doesn't really go away until you are into the corridor. You tend to think there's just a wall there and no way through.

It may help to move the cursor around to detect whether the area can be reached (walked into). It's near the room wih all the wolves.

Hope this helps

4. AK_Rooster Gems: 3/31

thanks u guys man it usre was hard to see hehe

5. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Oh yess I remember trying to do that one. Evan After I had a guide for it I couldnt find that crazy passage. Maybe I will try know that I have a little better instructions.

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I really like the ulcaser dungeon. Whenever i have a char that need some xp I come by and hack my way through it. You can do it repeatedly since the monsters respawn (though I admit, it isn't that much of a challaenge once you know your enemies location. Anyway, the 2000xp wolf there only appears onecs :wail:

7. garathorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] is there more than one leavle to ulcaster????

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

nope.

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

BIG SPOILER!!!

There are two other things in Ulcaster to do:

- One of the Hobgoblins wear Boots of Stealth.
    - Return the Ghost-Knight Armor to the Ghost in Ulcaster, and you will be rewarded with ehm.. the worst weapon of the game :)

10. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

[​IMG] And which weapon is that Headbanger? Please refresh my memories as i seem to have forgotten...

(BTW Isnt the hobgoblin with the boots of stealth right above or below Beregost?)

11. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] There are two pairs of boots of [EDIT:] stealth in BG-1 ;) and iirc the weapon was a broken sword :D

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited October 16, 2001).]

12. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You surely mean Boots of Stealth, Ragusa.

As for the weapon... well, the last thing you can say about it is that it's good. :grin:

13. garathorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

to Ragusa:
    there is more than one vampiric wolf in bg that gives you 2000 exp there is one on the ile of the warewolfs (TOTSC only)an the other is at the temple east of beragost on the north/east corner of the map

14. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Headbanger, the returning the armour to the ghost knight's isn't an Ulcaster Ruins quest, it's one from Firewine bridge.

15. Ragusa

Media:
    Garathorn, I meant: the only vampiric wolf in the ulcaster dungeon and *not* the only vampiric wolf *is* in the ulcaster dungeon ;).

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited October 16, 2001).]

16. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Vermillion, there's an... alternative use for that armour. It's, as stated above, the key to the worst weapon in the game... :grin:

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Garathorn: There are two Vampiric Wolves in the Temple Destrict.

Strange that both pairs of the Boots of Stealth are loot from a Hobgoblin (why do they use such boots). The first one is a hobgoblin in the map south of Beregost (in the middle of the southern part of the map, just west of the road) the other one is in the center of Ulcaster map.

I can't remember the sword exactly, never did the quest that way but always retrieved the armor to the other undead knights in the firewine ruins. But I know that when you give the Ghost of Ulcaster the Ancient Armor and the Idol of Kazoh (mine quest in the map where also Brage is) to him, you'll het the sword Vampiric's Revenge. It is a cursed Long Sword +1 that damages the wielder, but it's certainly cool when you never seen it.

18. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

when i returned the armour i got the short sword of vampirism.

19. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] OOPS! misread the post there, ignore my silly correction which wasn't actually a correction. I always thought that vampires revenge sword was funny. But then, i did give it to someone in a multi player game who was obsessed that he should get first shout on every magic weapon, and he put it on instantly with out identifying it:D. Ah, those fun days...

20. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Vermillion: Heh. The quest is not Firewine OR Ulcaster, but for a part in both area's. I named Ulcaster for there you have to retrieve the armor and finish the quest.

Dargorn, it really is a Long Sword, Long Sword +1: Vampirics Revenge, the title says.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.