1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Uk joining Europe

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Daie d'Malkin, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

What do you guys think about Tony Blair trying to get Britain to join the united states of Europe, and is he only doing it to become President of Europe?

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I heard he wants the UK to become the 51st state so he can run for President.

3. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I heard he just can't make up his mind. His tempted both ways. By the way, do you know that conspiracy theory book, which claims, that Germany and the US have made a deal after WW2 to crush the independence of the UK ? And Churchill knew ?

4. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Blow me down, but I thought we'd been part of the EU since 1973? Oh yeah, so we have been.

Still a long way to go before a United States of Europe scenario comes into being though.

5. Iago Gems: 24/31

Maybe the name "European Union" is just a bad choice. Because it automaticly leads to associations to the "United States of A", inclusive their model of organization with a strong central goverment. And, even worse, it holds the connotation of giving up one's own nationality to a hurting degree, instead of a system of convient cooperation, like those dam passports. And I am sure of one thing. If those passports would be suddenly taken away from the people, they would scream, yell and turn red in the face, when confronted with a queue by passing the frontier. Dam, they probably can't even imagine how that is.

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

The United States of Europe = U.S.E. A rather bad choice for an acronymn, and why do European politicians always be sucking up to the USA? (More of a statement than a question so don't bother to answer, unless you have some really good answer. You can decide if it is really good or not).

7. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

U.S.E----> lol :D

Never gonna happen...

8. Malaqai Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The EUROPEAN confederacy, or whatever you want to call it is only the next step in the evolution of the old world.
    U.S.E.----DESTINY

THE UK is a part of Europe. It always has been. It always will be

9. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Never say never my friend noone knows what they have really planned for the European union

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hopefully it won't happen.
    No offence to the europeans here, but its not a popular idea here, and if Britain joins, there will be RIOTS.
    The feeling where I am is that Tony Blair will agree because he wants to be president of the USE.
    Also never gonna happen.

11. Iago Gems: 24/31

Lol, I might not be too updated about British domestics, but isn't their going to be a referanda for dropping the pound for the Euro ? But it would be funny, if the British would leave the EU. On the other hand, I wouldn't think it would be clever for both parties (UK/EU), that the UK would enter Eurozone before 2020 or so. The integration of the east needs a huge effort, and quarrel around with the British would be a waste of energy and time, in my view.

12. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I'm from Europe, and I don't care that much... Maybe I'm too young to really understand. but I do in fact understand that someone has some very large plans for the European union...

13. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Of course we do!

Tony is wearing a ring of power ypu know.....

We'll get you all to heel yet! ;) :D :D

The problem is that Europe is going to be comprised of 25 sovreign countries come Januray. How do you get that to work easily?

14. Iago Gems: 24/31

Jesus, not the British. :eek: :eek: :eek: Next step will be that they merry prince William with someone of the Habsburgs, then then they will extend Gibraltar over the whole of the Iberian Peninsula, claim the Spanish throne and revive the Austrian/Spanish Empire. Prince Charles is going to be the next holy roman emperor and they call it the second coming of the British Empire.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.