1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

U93's Roof Sit

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Findol The Swift, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Let me clue you in on what this is. U93, a radio station, sits on a roof for a week. They are there to raise money for child abuse.

Now why I posted. I have mixed emotions for this great thing. I think "wow, they are doing a great thing" but then I realized how bad child abuse can be. I was just now listening and they read a horrible story. A girl was abused from age 0-15 by her mom, being hit, and more. Then she ran away 54 times to the police, each time the police would take her back home. On the 55 time the state finally steped in. She then went to a foster home, with foster parents. Not much better there and I will not go into what happened there. Then she ran west and got married to someone she thought would help her. It was even worst there. But most stories have a good ending. She got married to another man and all was well from then on out.

This story ended good. But some don't. I've heard a few that end up horrible. And some end up on TV. I'd just like to know, what do you guys think of this?

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Child abusers should be shot at the spot.
    Plain and simple.

The problem is - you get jailed for that. Bloody life.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited June 22, 2002).]

3. Yeah, laws counteract all the OTHER laws the government makes. I agree with Extremist, child abusers need to be shot on the spot. I mean, I put a lot of sympathy in those abused, and if I was at that radio station thing, I would donate a lot of money, because abusing some people like me is just wrong.

4. Yet a third person who things Abusers should be shot on the spot :)
    Hell, Ill provide the gun and Ammo.

Problem is, alot of people dont know the line between disipline, and abuse.
    Ive seen people hit (*hit*) their children in public...

I dont believe in beating a child when they do something wrong, I believe in teaching a child what is right and wrong at a young age.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I am lucky as my mother has *never* hit or slapped me, though I knew someone was being abused though no-one listened to me, in the end we were friends(for about two weeks until she got what she wanted) and we managed to get our class to convince the teacher what was happening and she was sent to foster parents, so she's happy now.

6. C'Jakob Guest

Shot on the spot?

How about tie a millstone around their necks and throw 'em in the ocean?

7. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

yeah, you think that, shoot them, it's simple. And then you read up, and realize that about 99% of paedophiles have been subjected to the same abuse themselves. It's a mental problem, simply. In every society, ever since the romans and before, we have a tradition of not punishing people that are mentally ill, I mean, now, 2000 years later, even the US has managed to jump on the bandwagon.

And these people are always very disturbed. You just don't do that to a kid if you're not mentally ill. These people have been victims themselves, and the only way to really break the cycle is to give them the help they need to get out of their problem.

In Sweden there is no real life sentence. A life sentence is usually about 12 years in fact, which may seem nutty... And I agree. However, for serious criminals, we have psychiatric institutions. So, serial killers, paedophiles and other very deranged people are held there instead, and here's the sweet part: there's no set time for the sentence. You get out once you're well, once it is determined that you won't do it again. You don't get out before that, which effectively makes it a life sentence for the bad cases.

In theory it's a great system, unfortunately there have been problems with people getting out too easily.

8. Theory doesnt work well in cases like this...

While most of the people who abuse their children were abused themselves, doesnt mean that all of them were.. And even if they were abused, doesnt give them the right to abuse.
    Being mentaly ill imo doesnt negate your reasoning, it changes it.

I know people who have been abused, yet they wouldnt(more truthfully to say couldnt) hurt anyone else because of the fact that they were abused as children...

On your comment about prisoning for life... here in America, if someone is sentenced to life, they are eligible for parole in ten or so years( maybe twenty.. not quite sure..) sometimes earlier for good behaivor.. Excuse me, but why would they be allowed out early on good behavior, Im sure that the reason they were sentenced to life(or whatever the sentence was) was for doing something nice...
    This isnt about my thoughts on prison system though.. Its about my thoughts on Child Abuse, and quite frankly, I think any body that abuses their(or anyone elses for that fact..) child, that they should be shot on the spot, and if their parent(s) was abusive to them.. they should be shot as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.