1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

U.S. Marines find al-Qaeda link

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Blackhawk, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    saaaaay. Maybe that's what Bush was really doing there on Thanksgiving. Conveniently planting false Al-Quaeda literature and carefully planning the timing of the Saddam grab and weapons location.

Tongue now firmly removed from cheek -- I can't imagine that this surprises anyone, with the exception of those who refuse to acknowledge that the old saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" has a basis in reality and "my enemy" here is or was the US.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow! What a shocker! Imagine - Iraqi fighters actually having weapons! And videotapes! With al Qaeda connections! This sure supports the reason for the war in the first place.

*waits for something that actually shows Iraq has WMD's*

4. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

What difference would that make ? If they found something now, most people would say it's planted anyway.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Pac Man, maybe it surprises you, but couildn't it be that this stuff found its way into Iraq .... somewhere after the invasion? Just a thought.

And a couple of videos found in a post-war resistance cell ... err ... hardly justify ... preemptiveley ... attacking a country and occupying it. And I find it's a little far fetched to say they create the evidence of Saddam cooperating with Bin Laden. Really.

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Yes, of course it could, but that's exactly what i mean, you and a lot of others won't accept anything that will pop up NOW in Iraq, no evidence will be good enough for you. Not that this is evidence, mind you.

7. Ragusa

Media:
    Pac man,
    did it ever come to your mind that it's you who believes what he wants to see, who's, perhaps, making a mistake?

8. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

This is why I made the "tribe" reference. Some socities do not work the same way that Europe and the United States function.

The fact it was found where it was, adds huge credibility to Saddam knowing.

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Exactly what kind of mistake am i making then ? Not blindly follow you in your "evil empire" theories ?

I don't think they'll find anything that proves Iraq had WoMD, because i truly think they didn't have any, not anymore that is. They HAD them AND used them in the past, that's a proven fact, but i think they got rid of them years ago, whatever the reason might have been. The only thing i can blame the US is lie about their real intentions. But since we're talking about Saddam's regime, i don't see why there should be any explaination towards any other nations, who all have their own little agenda's and interrests. Now all that remains is the downfall of one of the most brutal regimes of the past century, and that's good enough for me. I don't need any more "why's" and "if's".

10. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

For me as well. But we are perhaps talking about different things.

No people, I am not 'bashing America' again, I refer to all of them. America, Europe, Australia, Africa, Asia, the WTO, the UN, local government, federal government, all of them.

I shall refuse rest until they lie in ruins, and all are gone. Then, and only then, shall I seek my end. I wait, until such a time comes when the moment is upon us, and all shall fall. And it shall be seen that none has fallen, that what seems to have risen was there always, and always shall, until such time comes that it is not, but we have blinded ourselves, struck out our eyes and defeaned our ears with out deathly slumber, and there shall be no tradgedy, for what has gone was never there, it was the illusion, a comfort we have drawn about ourselves to deny the fact that we are senseless. Every minute before this happens, every instant that it does not occur, is but the typhoon-wind that stirs the storm. It is the breaking point of burden upon burden we heap willingly upon ourselves, until we realize that all we carry amounts to naught, and yet we bear with us the greatest weight there is, one so heavy, and so intrinsic to us, that it will not deem comparison to any other, for there is no other when so compared. There never was.

Only that will be good enough for me, all else is duration, nothing more.

11. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Oh, so nooooow it's convenient to find evidence of Saddam co-working with the terrorist organisation that proclaimed he and his regime as evil as the USA?

Great, well i never believed that Iraq under Saddam cooperated with Usama Bin-Laden in the first place, and i am not doing it until Usama says so in front of a camera.

12. Ragusa

Media:
    Hmm, what I really wonder about ... Bush, so hard pressed to provide genuine evidence ... why doesn't the Whitehouse report this truly undeniable, totally unambiguous evidence for Saddam's cooperation with Bin Laden?

They must have overlooked it over christmas ... or they have learned something from the "... just 16 words ..." thingie ...

[ January 05, 2004, 20:52: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

13. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    True. He did work well with himself. ;)

14. Ragusa

Media:
    Bleh :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.